Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Going to be Homeless...So Scared!
"When life hands you lemons, make lemonade".

Your BF lives at home with his parents. I assume he is around your age (31).

What are you doing for a living? What does he do for a living?

You might want to seriously look at this curse as a blessing in disguise.

It may be an opportunity for you to move someplace else, the big city, New York, California - where ever, and 'start over' and 'fresh'.

I know that California as pretty decent homeless shelters and many programs to get people back on their feet. While the season is late to be a migrant farmer, Winters rarely freeze and the farm work starts early each year. Yes its hard work, but the pay can be fair to good.

Currently there is seasonal Christmas jobs opening up all over the place. Mostly retail, however that could provide you a few extra dollars to stay in a cheap ($20.00 per night) hotel/motel until you scrimp up a few extra dollars to rent an apartment.

I've been homeless and lived on the streets. There are options, but you have to be willing to go the extra mile to find those options. No it is not easy, yes you will get your hands dirty.

I do not know the strength of you relationship, nor his employment status, but it may be possible that you two can rent a cheap hotel/motel room and scrimp and save and do hard labor to make ends meet.

It is sort of romantic too. In a gritty, grimy sort of way.

Perhaps you can turn this situation around, using it to pull you and your BF together in ways that can build the character of your love that 'easy times' can't.

Maybe it will bring with it the harsh reality that your BF and you are not really 'in love' enough for him to make sacrifices, or be that committed. Maybe it will push both of you to cross the country and start a new life.... its hard to say where it will go.