Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Going to gay bars alone
East Wrote:I would have loved to be there when "anything could happen" Steve....

I would have offered you just enough alcohol to make sure "anything happened" Diablotin:biggrin:

Are you having a Kiefer Sutherland moment again? BiglaughBiglaugh
<<<<I'm just consciousness having a human experience>>>>

yousir Wrote:mmm a rough looking irish guy. Be still my beating heart.
You'd be disappointed. I don't look rough as in ruggedly good looking. 'Scabby child' would be a better description. I used the word rough in the sense that someone would use to describe someone who looks a bit unwell.

Bookworm Wrote:Are you having a Kiefer Sutherland moment again? BiglaughBiglaugh

Moment?...more like a decade....LOL

Jack Bauer is da man...and he may be your twin...but you are the sexier half anyway RemybussiXyxthumbs

I just want to get this out. I was talking to a beautiful boy yesterday. He was far too good for me (I'm not being down on myself, I'm just being realistic.). Maybe it's the hangover, but I feel like I'm in mourning over the fact that I'll never see him again. I know he'd never go for me, but that's not really the point. I'd just like to be around him. I know how stupid that sounds, but these things happen.

himself Wrote:I just want to get this out. I was talking to a beautiful boy yesterday. He was far too good for me (I'm not being down on myself, I'm just being realistic.). Maybe it's the hangover, but I feel like I'm in mourning over the fact that I'll never see him again. I know he'd never go for me, but that's not really the point. I'd just like to be around him. I know how stupid that sounds, but these things happen.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR41tmigUh2NZ-1cZh1j3S...x4jI0FdUZg]

You do NOT know this....you can NEVER know this....

Of course...if you have this attitude...it will be the attitude that will sink you...everytime....

Don't objectify him...and place him above you. It does neither one of you any favors...

Rating people on their appearance from 1-10...it is a lie people keep repeating over and over. There is nothing about it that is real....don't fall into that trap.

I appreciate what you're saying, but I was happy (I think - I was very drunk so I'm not 100% sure but close enough) to look at him and listen to his voice. I just thought this was worth mentioning. I never really let myself have romantic thoughts until recently so maybe I have the mental age of a 12 year old in that respect.

himself Wrote:I've been wasting a lot of time. I will make an effort to go in the next few weeks. I was also a bit apprehensive because I sometimes look like someone who cuts the heads of chickens for a living, but there's probably a subset of the gay population who have a thing for that kind of look.

ROFL I got yelled at by friends because when I was in idle mode in a bar they said I looked "angry" But if you standing alone with a big grin on your face that might also look suspect.

This reminds me of the rich older man who marries the insane, yet very beautiful, young woman. She has married no one her age because while all of the young men appreciate her beauty, they also realize she is crazy. The old man, however, has money, which she likes, and he meanwhile gets a pretty token wife. But because he based everything on appearance and overlooked everything else, he is unhappy. He can show her off, but as soon as she starts "being herself", all of his friends and family realize the situation.

You can take your pick. You can be the old rich man basing everything on appearance, and accept the risks it carries. Or you can be the crazy wife, she is pretty, but you are either regarded as a prize to be won or a poison to be avoided at all costs.

Or you can learn from this situation. Smile

I went to a neighborhood bar (straight, and at least once someone was kind of unwelcoming) on Tuesday by myself. This is not routine behavior for me, and it was just as fraught as going to a gay bar would be. But I am a little boosted by the fact that I'm friendly with the four brothers who own it, who know me by name. I ended up having a nice conversation with a guy and his wife about music (they have live shows there) and at least a quick exchange with the guy next to me at the bar. I never, ever drink much there (and I ate my supper at the same time) because I feel like I need to be in full control and alert, very different than when I'm in a gay place with friends where I can relax a little, but after having been made ill once by person or persons unknown, I am pretty strict with how much I drink unless I'm home or somewhere I feel very safe.