Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Going to gay bars alone
himself Wrote:That's cool. I kept thinking that I'd look creepy if I went alone, even though I knew that there would probably be other people there who had come alone. I am looking forward to trying this out.

No, going to the bar alone isn't creepy. The only thing "creepy" I found about your post is questioning wether walking in on your dad on the toilet qualifies as a sexual experience....I am choosing to believe that statement was intended to be humorous.....PLEASE tell me that was intended to be humorous, it WAS a joke....right?

~Beaux

It was. Remind me never to tell that one again.

At a gay bar, going alone is probably more common than going with friends. Even those going with friends usually meet their friends there instead of commuting together. It keeps you free to not have to worry about a friend getting home if you meet someone or getting home yourself if the friend you came with meets someone.

I personally like going to bars/clubs alone. I find that it makes it easier for you to approach someone and for someone to approach you if there isn't a swarm of drunk friends around you.

I do about half alone and half with friends. In my home town it is mostly with friends. When I am traveling (which I normally do solo, for work and such) it is almost always alone.

When I first came out I always went out alone because I had no real gay friends. It can be quite intimidating. I think a good thing to do is to find out what type of gay bars are in the area and to figure out where you will feel most at home. Not every gay bar is a club.

Beaux Wrote:No, going to the bar alone isn't creepy. The only thing "creepy" I found about your post is questioning wether walking in on your dad on the toilet qualifies as a sexual experience....I am choosing to believe that statement was intended to be humorous.....PLEASE tell me that was intended to be humorous, it WAS a joke....right?

~Beaux

OMFG THANK YOU...I've been freaking over that for hours but didn't have the nerve to ask for clarification, you've saved me from a sleepless night Sheep

This is actually a really good inspiration for me too lol, I thought I would look weird if I went alone, just standing around talking to myself.

Borg69 Wrote:DO NOT drink too much.

I went out last night. I wish I'd taken your advice. I was asked to leave two bars. I kissed what would probably be known as a bear or a bear cub. I nearly forgot that that happened. Also, I spent the earlier part of the evening talking to this alcoholic Scottish straight woman who was off her head. She was telling me that her ex-boyfriend beat her up the night before, so she beat the shit out of him. But she added, "Och naw, sure we're the best of friends and all. He's a great lad."

Also, before I woke up, I was dreaming that I was in bed with the Scottish woman, and I thought, "Shit, she's going to take my wallet."

There were some beautiful boys there but they were too pretty for me, and I'm too much of a creep. I thought I'd look like a creep if I went there on my own, but I suppose I'd look creepy anyway, so why not!