Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Glee" actress Naya Rivera missing.
Search Resumes for "Glee" Actress Naya Rivera

The search for 33-year-old “Glee” actress Naya Rivera (she played the character Santana) resumed early Thursday morning after she went missing Wednesday afternoon on a lake in the Los Padres National Forest in Ventura County.

Ventura County Sheriff’s Office officials were now calling it a search and recovery effort.

According to the sheriff’s office, Rivera rented a pontoon boat at about 1 p.m. Wednesday for herself and her 4-year-old son to take out onto Lake Piru, which is located about 50 miles north of downtown Los Angeles.  About three hours later, another boater found her child sleeping in the boat by himself. The boater notified officials, who immediately began a search for Rivera with the use of helicopters, drones and dive teams.

The child was said to be unharmed and told investigators that he and his mother were swimming, but his mother never got back into the boat.  It was not immediately clear how the child got back into the boat.

[Image: 60477778_2215546751858542_46360136108400...e=5F2D55CB]

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2020/07/...-son-safe/
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

I'm not a huge Glee fan but so sad and heartbreaking.
Note: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this contaminant free message. However, I do concede, a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.

I watched some of Glee. This is very sad Sad
“Why is a raven like a writing-desk?”  [Image: 1f3a9.png]

Naya Rivera is missing no more.   But the 'Glee' star's queer legacy will last forever.

By Dana Piccoli, editor-in-chief of QueerMediaMatters - July 14, 2020, 4:32 AM EDT

It's been almost a week since the actress Naya Rivera disappeared while boating with her young son on Lake Piru in Southern California, and in devastating news, her remains have been recovered.  Her friends and family have been going through an unimaginable ordeal as they wait for news they know can only be bad. The star's fans have also lived in a perpetual state of stasis these past few days, unable to grieve for not just the life of Naya Rivera the person but also for what she has meant to them over the years.

Fans took to social media to beg rescuers and fellow fans not to give up hope. It was a futile if fitting gesture, because hope is exactly what lifts Naya Rivera's legacy, as well. Hope for a world where love and acceptance are the norm.

I don't use the word "legacy" lightly. But Rivera and her beloved "Glee" character, Santana Lopez, helped change queer television history. She paved the way for the Waverly Earps and Elena Alverezes of the world. Santana danced and sang through her pain, her confusion and, ultimately, her joy, and as she did, so did we.

In 2009, a quirky little show about a high school glee club debuted and immediately became a sensation. Ryan Murphy's "Glee," with its biting humor and earnest storylines, was unlike anything many of us had ever seen before. In the show's first season, Naya Rivera was cast as the casually cruel Santana Lopez, a sidekick of sorts to head cheerleader Quinn Fabray. But Rivera's sparkle quickly became hard to contain, and her role was expanded.

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/na...cna1233696
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

Incredibly sad. I’ve looked at many of her clips from Glee and she was flat out fabulous. So talented. She should’ve had a way bigger career after Glee ended.
Bernd

Being gay is not for Sissies.