Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good New Everyone!
Congrats on getting your Medicaid card! I myself am on Medicaid and so far have found it to be excellent health insurance.

It's really sad how some states implemented Medicaid under the Affordable Care Act, and others didn't. We who live in states that did expand it are fortunate. Hopefully things with U.S. healthcare continue to improve to where we all have the coverage we need.

I know they make synthetic hips for replacement. Any such thing as a replacement knee?
Good luck on the health check, David. Have a great 2015!

I am glad that you are getting things sorted.

Yes hurry and get checked out !!! I hope that it all works for you

I'm glad your plugged into the health care system. As we get older, our bodies start breaking down and good health care is essential if you want to stay active & alive!!! (smile)

My doctor seems to enjoy adding new medications (or new dosages) every time I walk into her office. They love to peddle those meds.

Some of the primary care doctors liken us to cattle, and push us out the door after our 20 minutes are up. So, you may need to be pro-active, and ask for a chest Xray or a special blood test, etc,,, if you feel you need one. Otherwise, you will be pushed out the door and not get the medical attention you need. Sometimes we have to literally tell them what to do..

When the nurse or doctor leaves you alone in the exam room,,,, I usually play with the plastic gloves they have hanging on the wall. Sometimes a keep a few!!!! It makes me feel like I got something out of the visit besides a lecture on my smoking...<snicker>...........

Good Luck,
Jim
We Have Elvis !!

princealbertofb Wrote:I know they make synthetic hips for replacement. Any such thing as a replacement knee?
Good luck on the health check, David. Have a great 2015!

Total knee arthroplasty comes to mind. Surgical replacement of the weight bearing surface of the knee joint with prosthesis to relieve pain from arthritis, injuries etc.

Miles Wrote:Total knee arthroplasty comes to mind. Surgical replacement of the weight bearing surface of the knee joint with prosthesis to relieve pain from arthritis, injuries etc.
Sounds like quite a heavy and costly operation, Miles. Do you know anything about it?

princealbertofb Wrote:Sounds like quite a heavy and costly operation, Miles. Do you know anything about it?

It is. Helps to have health insurance. I approve several of them a day...

Miles Wrote:It is. Helps to have health insurance. I approve several of them a day...

I see, it's part of your job. What kind of money will such an operation fetch?

princealbertofb Wrote:I see, it's part of your job. What kind of money will such an operation fetch?

Not sure of the exact cost, but I'm pretty sure the dollar amount in the US is a five-digit number for the inpatient facility charge, not counting pre-surgical preparation costs and other things. What you actually pay out of pocket depends on your coverage, but if you have Medicare or Medicaid or a decent private health plan, most if not all of the cost should be covered.