Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good movies gay/dramas?
Ok so i got a free month of netflix and was wondering if anyone knows of any good movies that you'd consider to be gay/drama sort of movie?

I know there was that famous one about Bobby, but wondering if there any other ones that deal maybe more of the life of being gay late teens early 20's or something.......

just wondering. thanks

Beautiful THing
Shelter
there are lots
Prom Queen: The Mark Hall Story
Summer Storm
Were the World Mine

I second Beautiful Thing. Another good one involving teens is Get Real

Can't remember how old his character was but The Sum of Us has a good son/father relationship and a young Russell Crowe plays the gay son.

Not sure if these ones fit the bill as much but I'll mention them anyway: Slightly older and lighter but Trick is cute. I also enjoyed The Trip and Latter Day, and of course Brokeback Mountain

Ill second Shelter, I loved that movie. Its probably exactly what your looking for. Gay young man learning to live with his sexuality and interests. very romantic

Mysterious Skin, Milk, Touch of Pink, and Were the World Mine are all good movies too. And you already mentioned Prayers for Bobby.

There are a lot of great gay movies out there. TLA Releasing have released some of the best ones. I've seen and enjoyed:
Latter Days
Coffee Date
Make The Yuletide Gay
Hollywood Je T'aime
Eating Out 1, 2, & 3
Another Gay Movie
Adam & Steve

Beautiful thing is a brilliant film very comedy.. I also watched a film called fit but was rated 4/10 for me... Fruit machine aparently is gay not watched it yet but it was bought from a gay shop in brighton

If you've never watched Milk it's an outstanding movie, a bit sad though...

there are loads,you got a treat in store

"loggerheads" is a weepy so have some hankies very good film

"Newcasstle" is a surfer film with a sub gay plot great images and the cast arn't to bad either

"Beautiful thing" is a must the cast are just great and the lead women actress is a class act!

"Shelter" surfer type films looks good and the sound track is first rate, another must!

"Balls" if you fancy a comedy this is up there with the best,the down side is it's subtitles unless you speak German but the subtitls are some of the best I've seen,very easy to read and flows with the film,the jokes in this are right up my street,very dry!

get that popcorn out and enjoy!

I think beautiful thing is a really comical film.. I love the black girl in it whos pissed as a fart comes home and sticks on mamma cass at 90,000 decibles at like 4am.... That amused me greatly in the film... I felt sorry though for the lad whos dad is abusing him and the lead lady who went onto to play as avonne akins in bad girls is a great actress one of my favourite x