Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good news everybody...
"Get everything out of them you can Confusedmile:"

Yeah... about that....

You know I'm all blunt and truthful and all of that when I tell people what their problems are and why it is like that.... But when it comes to dealing with people to lay in demands I'm a big old door mat...

Look how long it took me to screw up the courage to 'ask' for $300 a week to tend the old man round the clock (Yes Mr. Tinkles you did already lecture me).... And the son--in-law tried to talk me down to 210 a week and I thought I was doing fantastic to get $240 a week.

Honestly I am that passive/submissive person I may not appear to be here. In real life, I'm not assertive or pushy or really able to demand what I want (and often need).

So saying 'Screw them for all they are worth" looks good on paper, but in reality there is a fair chance I will be paying them for the privilege to be their servant...

I mean look at today, I walked over there to ask a question about the property and she handed me trash bags and told me I can start by packing the clothes in the back bedroom - and I obeyed like a well trained dog....

Me say no? Me demand money? Rofl

Good news in a way Bowyn Aerrow, but you must learn to be more assertive. Hope everything goes well for you.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

six months which we,ll extend to a year given that is bobs kids estimate… oh no i forget, theres something in this for them… still six months to throw some plans together, this is good-ish news, i want to here better!

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:"Get everything out of them you can Confusedmile:"

Yeah... about that....

You know I'm all blunt and truthful and all of that when I tell people what their problems are and why it is like that.... But when it comes to dealing with people to lay in demands I'm a big old door mat...

Look how long it took me to screw up the courage to 'ask' for $300 a week to tend the old man round the clock (Yes Mr. Tinkles you did already lecture me).... And the son--in-law tried to talk me down to 210 a week and I thought I was doing fantastic to get $240 a week.

Honestly I am that passive/submissive person I may not appear to be here. In real life, I'm not assertive or pushy or really able to demand what I want (and often need).

So saying 'Screw them for all they are worth" looks good on paper, but in reality there is a fair chance I will be paying them for the privilege to be their servant...

I mean look at today, I walked over there to ask a question about the property and she handed me trash bags and told me I can start by packing the clothes in the back bedroom - and I obeyed like a well trained dog....

Me say no? Me demand money? Rofl

Yeah, I know all this.

You DO NOT need to be pushy or manipulative to give them a price for your work.
You state what you want, and can do so on paper.......which will be a price agreement.
Then you have them sign the contract, which states exactly what you will be doing for that price agreement. The same things the "pro's" do!!!!

When dealing with the rich, you ALWAYS "over price" your wares/services. Because you KNOW they will want to get a cheaper price. It's like selling a used car. You know the market value is $5,000, so you set the selling price at $6500. When an interested party comes along and asks "will you take less", you spout all the good points about the vehicle and take $500 off the price.

The interested party will either accept or find some way to talk you down even more.
If the party takes your lower price, you have made a nice extra profit. If not, then you go down another $100. More often than not, any buyer who knows whats going on will take the second offer, because they dont want to run the risk of you only offering less that $100 the third time, cause it will make them look too cheap. Some do, most dont.

Regardless of final selling price, you have made the amount you wanted to make on it.
Unless you are willing to take a loss on it, to just get rid of it.

Once you get me the list of what they intend to do, I can help you figure out something.

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:Honestly I am that passive/submissive person I may not appear to be here. In real life, I'm not assertive or pushy or really able to demand what I want (and often need).
Me too, it's so annoying... But after all now you're giving us good news... Dog

I have 9 pages in point 9 Arial font that I sent January of 2012 listing all the flaws and issues with house and property... The response I got then was a nice thank you... and then nothing came of it all.... Sad

The nastiness of these people, their whole compassion and understanding is lacking. They were not even nice enough to come over to inform me that they were grabbing Bob's dog to take him to this dream place that I'm pretty certain covers the lie that they took him to the pound. Anyway, I didn't get a chance to say good bye, and hadn't I gone directly over when they had left I might have thought the dog had jumped the fence...

So that is the type of people I'm dealing with....