Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Goodbye, Dakota
how you doing now swalter? it can take a while to get over the animal especially if you loved it dearly. keep your head high.

What a precios little angel she was! I'm sorry to hear she passed, she had a good long life and clearly had the love of two special guys!

Thank you, everyone, for your kind words and condolences. For two gay guys like Darin and I, our pets are like our children. Having to put one down was excruciating, and certainly tests the resolve of our relationship. I'd be lying if I said there isn't a palpable emptiness in our home today. Our other two dogs, Misha and Pokey, are noticeably distraught, and even our cat reflects the somber mood. I know from previous experience that time will dull the pain and grief, but there will always be a hole in our hearts for our sweet Dakota.

After chatting with some of you (Marky, CCRox, etc), I know I'm not the only one who has beloved pets. I'm going to start a thread here on GS dedicated to our critters, where we can all post and share pictures, stories, and questions. If you have pets, I invite and encourage you to add some photos and stories. They bring us so much love and joy, it's time we set aside a little place for them here.

Again, thank you all for your sympathy and support in this difficult time. I sincerely appreciate each and every one of you, and am grateful for your friendship.

-Sam

Good idea about creating a thread for pets Swalter Smile

I'm sorry to hear about your dog Sad I have a dog too and I love him so much, I'll be very sad when this time comes..

I'm sorry for your loss. I've never had a dog myself, but I can somehow imagine how hard it must be. Also, the picture you posted of her is absolutely beautiful! Smile