Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Goodbye Marshlander
Wow, that's another veteran member gone in such a small space of time, why did he leave? All the best for the future marshlander. Confusedmile:

What's the story here? Why is marshlander leaving?

I've known him online for about six years or so when we both contributed to another, now defunct, site.

Nobody could hope for better advice and guidence than that given by marshlander. One thing he never did was take sides in a dispute. I have his personal email somewhere so maybe I'll email him privately.

Hope he comes back soon!

Oh my god!??!??!:eek:
:frown:

*Deep breath*
Sorry i'm so late to this thread.:redface:
Makes me wish i had been around here more lately...

To a Friend
till the very end.

Your time spent here
made solutions clear.
Much valued and loved you are.

This is why
I say goodbye.
For a time that all but depends.

May hope and happiness
fall in your lap no-less.
Whether you be close or far.

I'll miss you Marsh, you were, are and always will be a good friend. xxx
(Little soppy i know.:redface:
Seems appropriate to me...)
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

I wish Marshlander only the best in the future. It is sad to see such a excellent veteran member leave the site. I always looked up to him.

OK, let's just put things straight (eek: :eekSmile here. Marshlander is taking a break, which might be a long one. He's facing, as someone said, some rather more important issues in his life at the moment. And I daresay he's right to be spending less time on this forum than he needs to spend getting on with his life, which is, at the moment, complicated.

I'm not saying he will be back, but certainly some of the reasons evoked by Fenris were instrumental in his decision. I shall relay your concerns and best wishes, unless he's come secretly to read them. I have no idea if (or when) he will decide to take up on this forum again. That's not my decision. But I too will be happy if he decides to come back, even if for less time.

For some reason, he felt really uncomfortable being the first poster on here. I think every time it told him that he was spending too much time on here and not enough living his real life. Plus, he does not like the idea of competition, that such accounts sort of keep tabs on.

I'm sure we will all continue to find his posts useful and enlightening, as they remain readable by new and old readers alike. What I will miss most, was his indefatigable endeavours for justice to be sought and fought for. His political activism and militancy. I admire him for that. I think, in that sense, he's well ahead of me.

What, maybe, I will miss too, is the picture that the two of us reflected as a gay couple, older maybe, but serene in what we have finally found. I don't know what toll his leaving GaySpeak will take on that image. I thought it was positive, optimistic and mildly challenging.

Right now, I guess he has to face the challenges that life is throwing at him and at us. I am still there to support him, and you, members of GaySpeak have spoken of your moral support for him too.

Thank you all for that. Bighug
PA

Genersis Wrote:Oh my god!??!??!:eek:
:frown:

*Deep breath*
Sorry i'm so late to this thread.:redface:
Makes me wish i had been around here more lately...

To a Friend
till the very end.

Your time spent here
made solutions clear.
Much valued and loved you are.

This is why
I say goodbye.
For a time that all but depends.

May hope and happiness
fall in your lap no-less.
Whether you be close or far.

I'll miss you Marsh, you were, are and always will be a good friend. xxx
(Little soppy i know.:redface:
Seems appropriate to me...)

Very cute and touching, David.. If we, gay men, can't be soppy, then which man can??? :biggrin:

Vigilias Wrote:What's the story here? Why is marshlander leaving?

I've known him online for about six years or so when we both contributed to another, now defunct, site.

Nobody could hope for better advice and guidence than that given by marshlander. One thing he never did was take sides in a dispute. I have his personal email somewhere so maybe I'll email him privately.

Hope he comes back soon!

If you've lost it, Vig, I can let you have it again... Don't hesitate to ask. Confusedmile:

James Wrote:Too loose Marsh is to loose part of gayspeak, He will be sorely missed, I always looked forward to his comments on all things posted, princealbert, please past my good wishes, Jim

Jim, I will, but I'm sure he could just as well come and read these messages as an anonymous reader (unmembershipped).

EscenaBarbie Wrote:Aw, this is so sad... He was full of wisdom and he will truly be missed in this fourm Smile

Take care marshlander and may god be with you Smile

Thanks for the wish EB, but at the moment, I don't think he wants God to be any part of his life. The two of them have become somewhat estranged, if you know what I mean.

TimmyThink Wrote:It's kind of odd scrolling down and not seeing his name in that number one spot. GS without Marsh doesn't make sense, it's like a there is a big hole in that can't be filled.

I think, fortunately, you will still be able to find his posts, Timmy. Thanks for caring. Bighug