Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gorilla shot and killed after grabbing four-year-old
Cuddly Wrote:If my dog got attacked by a unicorn in my garden I'd still kill the unicorn to save my dog, if I had to. Eventhough there are millions of dogs and zero unicorns.

The difference being here that the unicorn HAS in fact attacked your dog. The same cannot be said for the gorilla and the child.
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

LONDONER Wrote:There are conservation projects ongoing in Africa but they are constantly being thwarted by poachers and that's why in the wild there are now fewer than 700 golillas. Conservation in their natural habitat just isn't working and will nevef work while so many African Government officials are corrupt. and turn a blind eye or actually participate in the slaughter of these animals..

Yes, I did say my proposal is idealistic.

I hardly see the difference, though, the end result is the same: a dead animal, so how was keeping a gorilla captive any better?
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

Insertnamehere Wrote:Yes, I did say my proposal is idealistic.

I hardly see the difference, though, the end result is the same: a dead animal, so how was keeping a gorilla captive any better?

It's idealistic also but keeping and breeding animals in zoos means that they have a pretty safe life and maybe one day they can be re-introduced in to the wild when those African countries that seem incapable of keeping them safe do actually wipe out the poachers!
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Insertnamehere Wrote:The difference being here that the unicorn HAS in fact attacked your dog. The same cannot be said for the gorilla and the child.

Apparently that depends on who you ask.