Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Got cooking skills?
SlipknotRlZZ Wrote:Well, since we were under Ottoman uh...we were ruled by Ottoman guys for five centuries, our cuisine is very much influenced by the Turkish cuisine. Here is something simple:
Tarator - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Then, a traditional Bulgarian meal is banitsa. This is more like something you'd have for breakfast and can be made with white cheese (do you have this kind of cheese there? Like totally white?), spinach, sugar, as well as many other fillings.

Banitsa - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Bob chorba is not really a traditional meal, but Bulgarians really like to say it is. It is a soup made with..oh, let me show you a recipe:
Bulgarian Soup

Those are things I'd highly recommend for you to try, but on the website I posted above you can find many other recipes if you are interested.

The Dean of my school makes excellent burgers [he's Canadian], and he gave me the recipe. I have tried it only once so far, but it is really great. I am curious to try more such American meals, if that one is considered American ofc. Can you help me?

Yes, hamburgers are probably the most famous or infamous depending on how you look at it) American entrees and they can run the gambit from fast food card bored to gourmet heaven depending on how one prepares it. Here are some traditional American soups and stews from various regions of the United States:

New England Clam Chowder:
New England Clam Chowder Recipe : Emeril Lagasse : Food Network

Chile Con Carne (South-Western):
Chili Con Carne Recipe | Simply Recipes

Jambalaya (Cajun):
Cajun Jambalaya Recipe : Emeril Lagasse : Food Network

Chicken and Dumplings (South East and Midwestern U.S.):
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula...index.html

The Chile Con Carne and Jambalaya are spicy dishes and often go well with another traditional American food which originates with the Native Americans and is often served in the South, corn bread:

Golden Sweet Cornbread Recipe - Allrecipes.com

A rather fancy Franco-American dessert is Baked Alaska:

Strawberry-Lemon Baked Alaska Recipe - MyRecipes.com

Thank you for the recipes, SlipknotRIZZ. I will have to try one or two of them this weekend.

SlipknotRizz, I was looking at your information for Banitsa. Usually I would say getting my hands on that cheese would be no problem, but since I now live in a smaller city, there are no shops that specialize in imported cheeses here. I would probably have to travel down to Denver, a four hour drive, to try and get some. Is there anything that I could substitute for it? It looks like a soft cheese. Would brie or camembert work?

Thank you very much, Wintereis!

Quote: Are you a good cook?

Nope...not at all LOL

I cook since I was 10.... normally I don´t eat canned or fast food. I prefer indian, african, asian, italian food. Sometimes I cook german food, too. But thats mostly not spicy enough....

I cook, bake, produce my own Herb-mixtures, Herb-Oils, Teas, jams, syrups, applesauces...and so on...
But in my kitchen vegetarian and carnivore stuff is strictly separated... my man can cook his meat food.... I´don´t do....and I´ts forbidden to use my fridges etc. as cemetery.... he has his own *g But mostly he is to lazy to cook for himself... so he eats what I cook... and normally he likes it.

And autumn is a great time to cook....

No cooking skills, but I have wicked phone skillz (with a z)
Chinese, Thai, Italian all just a phone call away.

TimmyThink Wrote:No cooking skills, but I have wicked phone skillz (with a z)
Chinese, Thai, Italian all just a phone call away.

*g sounds like a "straight man in a monotonous relationship...."

fenris Wrote:*g sounds like a "straight man in a monotonous relationship...."

Ya know what!
I just made waffles in a toaster so don't even......how gay is that right.

fenris Wrote:I cook since I was 10.... normally I don´t eat canned or fast food. I prefer indian, african, asian, italian food. Sometimes I cook german food, too. But thats mostly not spicy enough....

I cook, bake, produce my own Herb-mixtures, Herb-Oils, Teas, jams, syrups, applesauces...and so on...
But in my kitchen vegetarian and carnivore stuff is strictly separated... my man can cook his meat food.... I´don´t do....and I´ts forbidden to use my fridges etc. as cemetery.... he has his own *g But mostly he is to lazy to cook for himself... so he eats what I cook... and normally he likes it.

And autumn is a great time to cook....

Fenris, when do you have time to make all of those things? What is your job? I wish I had time to cook more. Explore more recipes. Really, especially desserts. But...no mercy for the American College of Sofia students..