Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Got my first tattoo a few days ago.
Hello I got my first tattoo the other day and it is of a biohazzered symbol and yesterday I was told it meet you was HIV+ is that ture? I did not know that when I got it I just thought it would look cool.

Tattoos can have several meanings my friend.
Some people think one thing, others think of something else.
When I see biohazard I don't think of HIV+
So don't worry about it Big Grin

Hmmmm, I think a tattoo of a biohazard probably means that you are a biohazard? maybe you are nuclear??? Just dispell that notion to anyone who sees it and comments on it. ''No, I'm not HIV+. I just liked the design.''

Can you find us a picture of the tattoo you got?

princealbertofb Wrote:Can you find us a picture of the tattoo you got?

imageshack.us/photo/my-images/513/photosep14055257.jpg
imageshack.us/photo/my-images/35/photosep11001908.jpg

Personally I've never heard of the bio-hazard symbol being a reference to HIV positive people. I wouldn't worry about what others think however. Body art holds a unique meaning to each individual, what your understanding of a symbol may be completely different than someone else. I wouldn't worry about cryptic code or anything like that, just enjoy the tat for what it is....if it makes you happy than its worth it. Confusedmile:

Cool tattoo, Chad, I've not heard that that symbol meant HIV + either.

I don't think of HIV immediately on seeing that symbol, but apparently some do. Here's the CNN article on it.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/HEALTH/08/10/hiv...index.html

Blue Wrote:I don't think of HIV immediately on seeing that symbol, but apparently some do. Here's the CNN article on it.

Good story made me cry. I just wish I known that before I got it.

I've never heard of the biohazard symbol meaning HIV+ either. The way I see it is it's your ink and if you can live with it the rest of your life then ROCK IT! :dance3: