Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gotta Get Out of this House!!!!!!!!! >:(
Ever since I came home from college for the summer, I've had zero job prospects. To make matters worse, my Mother and I are not getting along very well. To this day, the five top things that piss her off:

1) Gay/Bi/Lesbian people
2) Country music
3) My friends
4) My choices for anything that concerns me
5) Things I believe in

Now, I'm not trying to offend anybody here, but I'm not a highly religious person, though I celebrate Christmas, Easter etc. I don't attend church. You get the idea.

1) I have not come out to anyone but a close friend of mine from high school. However, it is clear in this house (of opinions from both Mom and Dad) that Gay/Bi/Lesbian people are the scum of the earth, that they shouldn't join the military...I was going to come out to them, but I think I'll hold off on that until long after I've gotten the hell out of this house.

2) I don't know what it is with her, but she thinks country music is crap. There was a time when I agreed, but lately, I've grown accustomed to it. I don't hate it. I think it's great. I think classic rock/rock in general is great too, seeing as the two are very synonymously related to country music in some form or fashion. It bugs me to no end that she'll listen to Reba McEntire, but say she hates country music.

3) She's always hated my friends, and the people I've had a relationship with. It seems she doesn't want grand kids (no matter how I obtain kids - adoption or otherwise).

4) My choice for college, my choice(s) for a career. It could be meteorology, business, music etc. I view them all in their own respective ways, but she's forcing me into one or the other (music is not one of them). I'm not doubting myself on my abilities here, but I still haven't made up my mind. There's no need to rush it.

5) I don't closely follow any religion. She thinks I'm out of my (bleep)ing mind.

Quite honestly, she thinks I'm out of my mind for anything, whether it's country music, the artist I happen to like from a peculiar genre, the people I closely interact with outside of the house, or my career options. She gripes about every little thing that I do (as well as the things Dad does), however, I'm forced to wait hand and foot on her, every day. And it's accompanied with yelling, every day - to the breaking point. She doesn't have a job and she's only 52. She thinks she's retired. Dad retires from the military next year after more than 25 years. His income goes way down...and she thinks she won't get a job then. I've already sent out 200 some-odd applications and resume's to practically anywhere these days, hiring or not. Economical factors have partly to do with this, but this isn't nearly as bad as it has been before. Is it? (I am an American BTW).

My friends say I really need to get the heck out of this house before something bad happens.

Bouncer

I'm sorry you are having a stressful time. Why don't you just go stay with a friend for a while? Give yourself a breather.

the thing i feel is that parents want u to grow up and follow pretty much the same path as them on the whole and even excell in all departments, maybe even better their achievments - but it doesn't work out like that for various reasons etc, the era u grow up in, the influence on totally different people-the list could go on ..... u are your own person but they just dont accept that right now,,,,ur not at hom,e forever so there will come a time when they either accept u or not - hard choice i know but strong faith can make u even ostracise family memebers if they dont conform - lets hope that way way off the mark though - one day u caneven give them the movie Prayers for Bobby if there totally against been gay....it shows u anyone can change http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1073510/