Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grad School Application: please cheer me up!
A few months ago I started to look into some Grad School programs to teach Italian in US High Schools, which has been a dream of mine for a few years now. I went to New York for another course I had to take and at the same time I gathered tons of info about the programs, visited the colleges I want to apply to, talked to admission counsellors, students and stuff. After coming back to Italy, I finished my exams and graduated a few weeks ago.

Now I'm preparing all the paperwork and working on the requirements for admission. I have some letters of recommendation already lodged, I'm attending the TOEFL course (Exam date: June 6th), I have my academic transcripts, police clearance, health status all translated.

I graduated with honors at my university (at the graduation ceremony, only 2 out of the other 60 people did), with a GPA at roughly 3.78, I'm a certified ESL teacher from Cambridge University, I'm about to work for 6 months in Australia as a Language Assistant in high schools.

Now, if I think about it rationally, I might believe that I have a chance at being accepted. But I haven't been rational these last few days. All I see is rejection coming up. US colleges are so competitive that I wonder why they should pick me! I'm sure it's just a rought patch but this is the dream of a lifetime and I don't want to miss it Sad

"US colleges are so competitive that I wonder why they should pick me!"

...they picked the gargoyle. You'll be fine. Smile

Lex

You seem competent and dedicated. If I think so, the people reading your application will probably think so too.

hold tight and think positively!!!
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

I can understand how you are feeling at this time...but I really feel from all that you've mentioned in your initial post that all will work out fine for you...just keep the faith and think positive. You will see that things will work out for the best for you. God Bless....and Good Luck!!! JS

It's so nerve-racking Sad I gotta think positive. Not easy when somebody else is making a call on you but there's not way out of it.

Good Luck with it all, and like others have said think positive!