Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gray Beard
I'd like your opinions.I have a mustache and goatee but the goatee is mostly gray.I don't mean that nice silver color but the sides are white and there's some dark in the middle and here and there. My hair is in a buzzcut because i'm balding and ironically my head hair has a lot of dark yet.I've tried using that Just for Men on my beard but the brown looks a little too dark where as the Touch of Gray doesn't last too long. Also the maintenance is a pain.I don't want to shave it because I like the way I look in it.I just think the white makes me look older.Any suggestions?

We are the same age...and I have some gray now entering the side of my head....

For me....I think it is about the attitude more than the look and I kinda like my gray....and I think if you feel sexy you look sexy....

I do think you should do whatever it takes to feel comfortable in your skin though....

With a lot of the brands of hair colors found in drug stores and general merchandise retailers, you need to go a shade lighter than what it actually says. If your natural hair color is dark brown, try a medium brown hair color. If the natural color is medium brown, try a light brown hair color.

My pathetic advice is to grow old gracefully. Fighting and denying that you're aging, or worse, poorly covering it up won't do you any favors.

My solution:

[Image: 2493d1371995114-1948-mint-gillette-arist...zor-7-.jpg]

Mind I have two gold, one silver and about 30 years of Gillette Blue safety blades left.

Other than that there is the beard dyes or just living with it.

My ex had his bleached out then had it dyed yellow (what he called blonde) - frankly it makes him look older, worn out, f-ugly.

I hate to point out the obvious here, but it most likely makes you look older because you are older- and in the morning you will be older still.... So....

The march of age is undeniable... Well people try but that so rarely ends well.

And the work of trying to dye your beard to match your hair is going to a be a bit of a pain. Facial hair is thicker and tends to grow slightly faster than head hair, thus your 'roots' will always need touching up.

And its not a simple process: http://www.beards.org/color.php explains it in depth.

Have you thought about having a professional salon do it for you?

East Wrote:We are the same age...and I have some gray now entering the side of my head....

For me....I think it is about the attitude more than the look and I kinda like my gray....and I think if you feel sexy you look sexy....

I do think you should do whatever it takes to feel comfortable in your skin though....

My BF isn't even 30 yet and he's got more gray than he wants. He has BLACK hair. He tried the black hair for men and it turned his hair purple. hahahahahha! That was funny. Then he went to the brown and experimented with leaving it in longer. Now he uses the dark blond for about 3 times longer and it looked like highlights. Now he's got more gray he's still using it and looks like a natural medium brunette like me. It really looks natural.

Can't give you any advice about beards and whiskers tho. He has maybe 20 whiskers at the most

I have had salt and pepper hair since I turned 26..
I am the youngest and "greyest" im my immediate family...
I love my hair..
Don't care what anyone thinks...

Anocxu Wrote:I have had salt and pepper hair since I turned 26..
I am the youngest and "greyest" im my immediate family...
I love my hair..
Don't care what anyone thinks...

(sigh) I wish my guy felt that way about his hair. He had a little gray when I met him in 2006 at 23. That was one of the things i thought was so friggin sexy about him. Now he looks younger than me.... wahhhhhh!

I'm in the let-it-do-what-its-gonna-do camp. Why spend time and money denying the inevitable.

Besides, I'll bet you look just fine. showing a little natural weathering is OK by me.
I bid NO Trump!