Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Great Friends :)
I just got to talk to some of my friends who are in a gay relationship, they where happy to talk to me about many of the questions I have. I spent the day with them yesterday and it was cool just to hang out and drive around the town. We went to both of the lakes in this area I got to dive into both Smile
My friends where shocked to hear me come out to them, but they always had inclinations. It seems like most of the people i have told have said they thought I was, I still have no idea how they would've guessed but they did.

Just wanted to give them props for answering most of my questions.

Who here has/had great friends who you where able to openly talk about stuff to?

congratulation on coming out to them Smile It must have been a nice day.

A good friend is the best thing you can have Smile

It was lol Smile

congrats mate i'm glad you could do that
i have a friend, he's my godfather's son, we've known each other since we were babies basically, and i never thought i'd be able to talk to him about me being trans and all because he's from a small town, he's so different from me, i never expected for this to happen, but one night we were walking along the beach and he was curious and made me tell him and he accepted it, everything. we've talked so much since then. about everything. he's amazing, i'm so thankful for having the opportunity to talk to someone like him.

It's always a huge relief to come out to friends/family and be accepted =)

I don't have a lot of friends involved in the queer community and most of my closest friends aren't either always "up-to-date" on that kind of thing or really strong Christians, so even though I've been accepted by my friends/family, there haven't been that many people I could talk to.
The closest is a trans friend of mine. In high school, he was the only one I knew that was out and not the slightest bit confused as to who he was (most kids who were "out" were just bi-curious and younger than me when I met them so I couldn't even relate on a maturity level with them).
When we roomed in college, we met another friend, and the both of them have always been there for me through practically everything.
I still find it a little lonely, and the queer alliance at my campus is rather clique and they stigmatize me for being bi, but it's always nice to know that at the end of the day, I can always go to them for advice, questions, or just to chill

Ken051 Wrote:Who here has/had great friends who you where able to openly talk about stuff to?

Believe it or not Ken, one the people I have been able to confide in the most and talk things out with the most is my ex-wife! She's a very cool person and we have a great kid together, but I didn't really expect that aspect of things to happen. She feels open enough with me as well to talk about the man in her life and get my "guy's perspective".

Ironically, since I have come out, the only people in my life who have not been able to accept it are my immediate family.

So glad you had a great time and that you were able to come out to your close friends. Congrats!

I'm only out to my sister and we don't really talk about gay topics much, hopefully I'll have some gay/gay-friendly friends soon. its great that you found some friends to help you out though.
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]

I do not have many friends. I do hang out reguarly with two classmates from high school. It's usually me that do the inviting, though. The conversations always revolve around them, mainly because I haven't done anything. I just comment on their things and then annoyingly reminisce about high school and trivia. They consider me as a friend for life. I'm touched. Cry But these are happy tears. But honestly, anyone that I hang out with more than once or twice, and I kind of get to know, eventually I want to consider them a friend, though he or she may not reciprocate the feeling.

It wasn't until my current job where I came out of my shell and was open with being gay. There were two ex-coworkers that I was particularly friendly with. The three of us would eat lunch together all the time, and then we spill our guts out to and just talk. One of them, though I have never heard him say to me personally, said that he considered me a friend.

All in all, I would love to make more friends. BUT, this scared feeling is holding me back,

Congrats and well done Wink

Congratulations on coming out, so very proud of you.
Bighug

I would not trade my friends for anything in this world.
Between the eight of us , we have been through so much, thirty five years of caring enough to be there for each other , to make the effort to stay in touch.

These people are a part of me , they are part of my soul, we met in high school and have been there for every operation , birth of a child ,wedding divorce , death of parents, friends , siblings and the worse pain in the world losing a child.

We raced our hotted up cars on the quarter mile at Smithfield , met up every Friday night at Jilly's hot dog stand to play fox hunt. (with CB radio not real foxes)
The risks we took at Castleray race course.

We made it and now we are enjoying our grandchildren.

I wish each one of you friends like mine , it's not just a friendship that we share , it's a journey of life , love , loss and joy.