Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Great iPod Alternative?
DRIMO Wrote:I've got a 4S and it's not very ideal as a media player because of the battery issues. Sad And I foolishly gave my Touch to my brother. Laugh

Thanks for the suggestions! More would be welcome. :biggrin:

What battery issues do you speak of, I also have a 64gb 4s and get near 2 days between charges.

Do you close all your apps by double clicking the home button?

dfiant Wrote:What battery issues do you speak of, I also have a 64gb 4s and get near 2 days between charges.

Do you close all your apps by double clicking the home button?

I barely last a day with mine and, yes, I do close my apps.

I've tried Creative before but I had hard time with the navigation. Sad

Nintendo 3DS? :tongue:
Just put mp3s onto any SD card, and it has some neat visuals for you, too. Roflmao I think you can play mp4s using a Micro SD card, I haven't tried it yet though. Battery life might be an issue for you.
And, there's the Netflix streaming app. Confusedmile:

The screen resolution is lower than that on an iPhone 4S so you might be a little disappointed. But, it's a pretty good alternative when you want/need to save your iPhone battery. Check out this comparison from nowgamer.com.

I use a SanDisk Clip+ when I run or cut grass. It's very basic with good sound quality and I won't Cry if I drop it.

eta: as far as battery life for the 4S: Do you have all your push notifications turned off? Early on I found that was a problem. Also, make sure WiFi is turned off, if not using it. Make sure that iOS is updated.

I just use my phone way too much, I guess. Laugh

DRIMO Wrote:Any recommendations?

Back in the 1980's we had boom boxes - for portable, personal music:

[Image: Boombox.jpg]

i use this little 8 gig player for work http://www.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-Sansa-Pl...386&sr=8-5 , great sound quality, plays loads of file formats,bout the size of a match book, great little all round player although not sure if that what ur looking for but they are very popular

I use to use a Sandisk Sansa View 16 gb it did pretty well playing mp3's and the occasional mp4 though you had to get the format just right or it would give you errors. I traded up for a smart phone sooo don't need an media player anymore.

I had an ipod but it got stolen by some valet worker in Chicago the I realized I dont really need one. I just use my smartphone for that now. So yeah, pretty much any smart phone can do what an ipod does.

If you think you really need one, my friends has switched to Zune and he's been telling how good it is.

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:Back in the 1980's we had boom boxes - for portable, personal music:

[Image: Boombox.jpg]

I wanted to recommend that too xD I mean, the only thing better where the portable phonographs that people carried on horses (and my parents have one!) Laugh!!!

Come on. :p Which era are you guys from?