Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greetings
Hey all, so here's my obligatory first introduction post I suppose. :tongue:

I found this site googling on gay metalheads and a thread that was started on it. I play drums in a few bands, mostly metal, some hard rock, etc. I listen to a fair amount of it but that's not everything, I produce some trance & prog stuff as well, and listen to a lot of various stuff. Klaus Schulze, Rahasaan Roland Kirk, Rush, McCoy Tyner, Blame, Emerosa are just a few of my fav's.

So yeah, music is pretty big with me. I was searching on this topic after some shows we played and just wondering about it. I've never had an incident or run into folk who really cared about who is gay in the metal scene really, or most others for that matter. Would be nice to find someone with a passionate interest in music as well as other things, I had a previous boyfriend who was although our music tastes were very different but we got along with that really cool. I'm not fond of gay clubs when I'm alone and other gatherings and stuff, I don't like how people tend to play or fake themselves in those situations (and I know I am generalizing here, not trying to make a blanket statement on this), but I never felt comfortable in those situations. I've tried some of the major gay dating sites but meh.

I do have other interests and stuff that I do but this is already too long winded. I liked some of the threads I saw here after trolling for a bit so figured I'd join and see how it goes.

So yeah, Hi. Astrosmiley2

Hello and welcome to Gayspeak Smile

Welcome to Gayspeak I hope you have a lovely time here. Scatter

Welcome to gayspeak Wink

HI and welcome mate Smile Hope you enjoy it. I am passionate about music but not in the heavy metal kind, i used to play Bass a year in junior high school in a Blues/Jazz/Reggae/Psychedelic rock influenced band, only did 1 songs though. I have lost alot of skill in it and neither has had the money to buy a new Bas, want a big fancy Contrabass, like the acoustic sound more.

Hello, Sonikku, and welcome. You'll find plenty of people passionate about music on here. It's how I earn my living.

Hi and Welcome to the group!!

Hello, Sonikku, and Welcome to GaySpeak. It's nice that you have found this site. There are other people on here who are musicians, amateurs or professionals, and who enjoy a variety of music styles. Some were surprised even that there were other amateurs of hard rock in the 'community'. Well, it will be for you to find out who and maybe for you to add your bit to the concert of nations and concert of gay musicians. Welcome again.

Sonikku Wrote:Hey all, so here's my obligatory first introduction post I suppose. :tongue:

I found this site googling on gay metalheads and a thread that was started on it. I play drums in a few bands, mostly metal, some hard rock, etc. I listen to a fair amount of it but that's not everything, I produce some trance & prog stuff as well, and listen to a lot of various stuff. Klaus Schulze, Rahasaan Roland Kirk, Rush, McCoy Tyner, Blame, Emerosa are just a few of my fav's.

So yeah, music is pretty big with me. I was searching on this topic after some shows we played and just wondering about it. I've never had an incident or run into folk who really cared about who is gay in the metal scene really, or most others for that matter. Would be nice to find someone with a passionate interest in music as well as other things, I had a previous boyfriend who was although our music tastes were very different but we got along with that really cool. I'm not fond of gay clubs when I'm alone and other gatherings and stuff, I don't like how people tend to play or fake themselves in those situations (and I know I am generalizing here, not trying to make a blanket statement on this), but I never felt comfortable in those situations. I've tried some of the major gay dating sites but meh.

I do have other interests and stuff that I do but this is already too long winded. I liked some of the threads I saw here after trolling for a bit so figured I'd join and see how it goes.

So yeah, Hi. Astrosmiley2

I am trying to support some friends that has a local rock group in my hometown. I would suggest you to search for ''Sakhalin'' on Facebook, MySpace, YouTube etc. Its kind of nice i think. If you so wish that will say

Welcome buddy, there are alot of people here passionate about of music, I'm a metal fan too, we have a metal interest group, if you want to join just go ahead Confusedmile: