Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greetings, everyone
Marky Wrote:Hey welcome to GS! What do you do in the education sector?

Thanks. :-) I am a teaching assistant. I am not sure if I want to be a teacher. I would like to go into medical physics though. I also work part time in a buffet restaurant.

1285pytk Wrote:Thanks. :-) I am a teaching assistant. I am not sure if I want to be a teacher. I would like to go into medical physics though. I also work part time in a buffet restaurant.

Thats cool! Are you Primary or Secondary? Wow buffet restaurant.. You must see some interesting characters there :p
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

Marky Wrote:Thats cool! Are you Primary or Secondary? Wow buffet restaurant.. You must see some interesting characters there :p

Secondary.

Oh yeah lol. Regular customers I see a lot. A lot of happy customers. Customers who complain about the time limit. Its a buffet restaurant and it gets busy on Fri, sat, sun. So there's a time limit so people can walk in and eat too. Also complaining about halal food. I am a receptionist and I tried being a supervisor. Never again, lol.

I like it though. Sometimes. You talk to customers and see lots of people. Its close to a gym too lol. You get customers who say goodbye to you and that's good.

Yeah I work for a well known discount clothing retailer so I can empathise with the customers! The amount of times I've been on the service desk and had to argue with people trying to bring worn underwear back why bother trying?! The people that are friendly definitely make the job worth while Smile

The time limit isn't stupid I don't know how people tend to stay over that time anyway normally it's around 2 hours to my knowledge which is plenty of time! It's the people that have like 5 massive plates full and still want more that baffle me surely they just end up pooping it all out straight away my stomach couldn't hold that much stuff. Just because it's all you can eat doesn't mean you have to try an eat it all haha

Secondary Eesh sounds scary! You are brave! Have you done it for long? And do you find it rewarding?
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

Hi and welcome to the forum Smile

Sharkspeare Wrote:Hey Mr. Mxyzptlk!

I remember that name from the Super Friends cartoons.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

Hi mate !!

Exactly. 2hrs is more than enough time to eat your food.

Quote:Secondary Eesh sounds scary! You are brave! Have you done it for long? And do you find it rewarding?

It is scary. Lol, thanks. It's definitely a challenge working in a secondary school. The yr11s are having their study leave and many of them don't feel worried about their exams and they just relax. I have 4yrs experience roughly and I do find it rewarding. Working in small groups and teaching them about your methods is rewarding. You feel exasperated though when they don't want to learn or they play games when they should be doing work on their computers. Sometimes it is the teachers too.

Wolfpack Wrote:Hi and welcome to the forum Smile

Hi. Thanks. :-)

Dennis89 Wrote:Hi mate !!

How are you?

CellarDweller Wrote:I remember that name from the Super Friends cartoons.

It's the trickster from the fifth dimension. :-)

1285pytk Wrote:It's the trickster from the fifth dimension. :-)

Yup, know him well! He was in DC comics, tangled with Superman and Batman.

Did you get Super Friends across the pond?
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!