Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greetings everyone
Hello guys,

I though I'd just introduce myself, unfortunately I'm not out so I can't tell you my name but I think that I-heart-U is a nice username (what do you think?). Anyway, I'm a student and I'm in my final year at University, I also work 3 days per week (you thought student life was all about drinking, getting drunk and boozing it up:biggrinSmile. I'm 22 and I am very shy, not to the point where I can't be in the same room as other people but still quite shy. I have never had a boyfriend but.....well lets just say there have been a couple of people which have stopped me from getting too lonely (If you know what I mean).

That, of course, is in the past when I was younger and was just keen to explore my sexuality. I've not been with a guy for 2 years because I suffered loss of confidence and just wasn't myself. I now have no gay friends at all and although I'm blessed to have a few decent straight friends I feel that we could never be true friends as I feel they would reject me if I were to confirm my sexuality (I think most of them know but I would never admit to it because I fear what would happen if I were honest).

I am told that I will one day make a lucky girl very happy (Rolleyes) but to be honest I'd much rather make a guy very happy. I joined this forum to meet and talk with GAY men (you'd have thought living in London the streets would be littered with gay men but I don't know any).

Sorry to make this first post such a long one but I didn't want a meaningless first post.

I'm really looking forward to getting to know some of you.

xx

Hi and Welcome !

I hope that we can read you much times again ... and yes ... here are some gay men ... and it should be possible to talk to them .. and maybe get some new friends and friendships.
Confusedmile:

fenris Wrote:Hi and Welcome !

I hope that we can read you much times again ... and yes ... here are some gay men ... and it should be possible to talk to them .. and maybe get some new friends and friendships.
Confusedmile:

lol Thank you Smile

Hi and welcome to GS.

Xyxwave

Rychard the Lionheart Wrote:Hi and welcome to GS.

Xyxwave

Hi Xyxwave

Hey there! I just wanted to say hi and to welcome you to the site!

We all had doubts about our friends sticking with us when we finally came out to them. Most of them remain friends (and you're right, they probably do have a hunch that you might be). However, you asked for no advice, so I'll just keep those pearls of wisdom to myself. Everyone comes out in their own way and on their own clock.

Enjoy the site,

Ryan

Ryhunt86 Wrote:Hey there! I just wanted to say hi and to welcome you to the site!

We all had doubts about our friends sticking with us when we finally came out to them. Most of them remain friends (and you're right, they probably do have a hunch that you might be). However, you asked for no advice, so I'll just keep those pearls of wisdom to myself. Everyone comes out in their own way and on their own clock.

Enjoy the site,

Ryan

Hi Ryan,

Well since it was my first post I didn't really want to get too serious but any advice would greatly be appreciated. For the record I have told 1 friend and she is completely fine with it.

As for the coming out situation, well my method is quite extreme really, I plan to leave home and send my parents a letter telling them that I am gay, I think after this they will probably disown me but that will be fine because I have decided to stay in the closet until I feel ready to fully support myself. I know that sounds crazy but I know my parents would disown me, this way I would be disowning them before they had a chance to do it to me.

No its not crazy, by waiting until you move out and supporting yourself is a good idea. You will not have to worry about being thrown onto the streets and losing any financial support from your folks. This is often one of the biggest fear many young people have while living at home. The letter is your choice, sometimes its the best way if you know the outcome will be. But always leave a door open, your folks might surprise you and not shun you, as you think. I hope it turns out well for you, whenever you decide to do it m8.

Rychard

Welcome!! Another college student, great to hear.

I am really jealous of any one living in London. Such a lovely place. Hope you can find a lovely boy over there too.

I have a friend from high school who is attending University College London. ( He did not come out to me but from my observation he is gay, one time I verified it by letting him sit very close to me on my motorcycle =)) ). It would be funny if you guy end up together =)

Welcome to GaySpeak... Hope you will feel less shy after talking on these boards a bit...