Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greetings from Boston!
Just a quick hello from Beantown. I look forward to chatting with new and interesting people from all around.

Welcome to the forum AD Smile

hello. Smile

welcome to the forum
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

How can I possibly be friends with someone who tipped tea in to the harbour?! That's a very weak joke. Truly, welcome to the friendliest gay chat on the Internet. Bighug
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

hi and welcome - im from the UK so ive no idea what the Beantown reference is but at least its intriguing

matty7 Wrote:hi and welcome - im from the UK so ive no idea what the Beantown reference is but at least its intriguing

Maybe this will help:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boston_nicknames
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

LONDONER Wrote:Maybe this will help:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boston_nicknames

saw the huge references page and nearly clicked the x button but then saw the baked bean dish that links to Beantown - so ive learned something today Smile , cheers

In addition to what the wikipedia article offers: The beans may have been cooked that way in order to allow colonial housewives to avoid labor on the Sabbath or some such. I am old enough to have been there but can't remember.

Boston is one great town, Dreamer. Great for the arts, too. I got to live nearby for a while and fell in love with the whole shebang.

Hope you will enjoy this crew. It's a lot lit your town: diverse, broadly cultured, sometimes quirky and nearly always interesting if you dig a little.
I bid NO Trump!

I know Boston because of the Dropkick Murphy's ...great band who love their roots