Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greetings from New Hampshire
Hi Everyone

My name is Dennis and I am 51 years old.

My partner and I both work and live in Southern New Hampshire.
My partner and I have been together now for nearly 14 years and we moved here from San Francisco in 2001. Yesterday, February 19th was our 4th NH Civil Union anniversary, but thanks to the NH legislature we have also been legally married since 01/01/10.

I grew up in Orange County CA in the 1960’s and 1970’s but never really liked living in Southern California (except for the weather, which was nice). At age 19 I came out to my parents as gay, and then I hung around for another year before moving north to San Francisco.

I lived in San Francisco for 20 years and loved it. I still miss San Francisco all the time. I miss NOT having to own a car, as I hate driving. I miss the food, the entertainment, gay men being where you look, the stunning views, and so many wonderful friends. But I also wanted my own home and some privacy...none of which we could afford in the Bay Area. Se we looked around the country and found our new home here in New England.

New Hampshire and its people have grown on me. I still miss California at times, but I have found a new home among the trees, the snow, and the funny talking people.
I am a bit of a political junkie and find myself watching Rachel Maddow every weeknight.

I am fairly liberal and progressive in my personal politics but I follow several conservative forums online, and love political conversations. I don’t visit liberal sites much because they are boring compared to conservative ones. Conservatives are much much more entertaining to read and watch because, let’s face it…idiots are fun to watch.

I look forward to chatting with many of you.

Dennis

Hi Dennis,

welcome to the GS! I really enjoyed reading your post Confusedmile: I hope to see you around often.

hello
welcome to gayspeak

G Day Dennis and welcome to gayspeak

Hello Dennis welcome , make yourself at home.
Welcome

Hi and welcome to GS! Confusedmile:

Hi Denis and welcome to the forum..

Welcome

Welcome to GS

SF2NH Wrote:I am a bit of a political junkie

A new person to argue with, cool. 😉

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

Welcome! Wavey

helkklo and welcome to the forum dennis,
Congratulations to both you and yo0ur partner for 14 years together.... Im with mine for six years b ut any relationship over 10 years deserves congratulations.. Here at gayspeak we are a kind fun hearted forum and hope you find your place within the forum so if you got something to scream about just shout it in a thread

Kindest regards

zeon x