Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greetings from Sverige!
Hej!

I'm an English ex-pat now living in Sweden. I'm thoroughly ancient being 37 years old, and live in the countryside on a farm with about 80 chickens... and before anyone gets the wrong idea, I've got geese, ducks and goats as well.

I'm in a very happy long term relationship - 9 years this year, and three years of marriage, and am just happy to have a great life.

So "hi" to everyone, and hope to stay around for a while. It's nice to find somewhere that looks like you can chat rather than have everyone getting the tape measures out and having cameras that don't seem to be able to focus on faces.

Hey nice to meet you, and all your chicken etc :p Hope you enjoy your time here.

Come join is in the chat at some point, the subjects range from turtles to bike.....lol we have a lot of fun and talk about normal everyday stuff Big Grin

Bazz x

I shall try and do so Smile

Since Usenet has pretty much died it's difficult to find places to chat about the everyday stuff.

The guys here are pretty awsome, you will enjoy the talks we have....Big Grin

Hej. Välkommen. Confusedmile:

I've never kept geese. What breed(s) of goats do you have? I used to keep Toggenbergs ... if ever you need a sitter ... :redface:

I went to a big local agricultural show with my friend, Martin, a couple of weeks ago. While I was cooing over the assembled Togs, Saanens, Alpines and Nubians, I was invited to help someone show their goats in the arena, but someone else had already been asked and had the white coat, so I was reprieved. In January Martin and I went to a local folk festival and I was called out of the crowd to take part in a competetive dance-off with brooms (mistakenly I thought I was pretty safe that day). Martin may not go for a day out with me next time. He says I am never content to be a casual observer and always end up getting involved. First summer for a couple of years we have not booked any Proms tickets ... Would probably be best if we declined any opportunity to attend a Portsmouth Sinfonia reunion ...

haiiii

marshlander Wrote:Hej. Välkommen. Confusedmile:

I've never kept geese. What breed(s) of goats do you have? I used to keep Toggenbergs ... if ever you need a sitter ... :redface:

Be careful what you offer! You may be taken up on it Smile

We've got Svensklanträsget. The Swedish Peasant Goat. It's now quite rare here in Sweden, unfortunately. The togs are a lot more common here for commercial flocks.

Quote:I went to a big local agricultural show with my friend, Martin, a couple of weeks ago. While I was cooing over the assembled Togs, Saanens, Alpines and Nubians, I was invited to help someone show their goats in the arena, but someone else had already been asked and had the white coat, so I was reprieved.

Shame! Could have been fun. Goats don't like being told what to do...

Ay up from someone who'd never have the balls to raise chickens...

hi kitschcamp, sounds great living on a farm as i love animals, im a big fan of geese as they are better than guards dogs sometimes Smile,,

kitschcamp Wrote:Be careful what you offer! You may be taken up on it Smile

We've got Svensklanträsget. The Swedish Peasant Goat. It's now quite rare here in Sweden, unfortunately. The togs are a lot more common here for commercial flocks.

Shame! Could have been fun. Goats don't like being told what to do...

Hello and Welcome to the site, Kitschcamp... (love your username, btw)... if Marshlander goes to kidsit (or billysit or nannysit) in Sweden, I shall probably have to go with him (not that I would hate it, I think Sweden is fine!) I am pleased to read that you are keeping a rare breed of goats.
Tell me about it!!!

Bighug frå Franska