Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Young Bloke From London Here
Prince_Of_Narnia Wrote:Tis expensive to live in London isn't it.

You can say that again and another million times!!

I hate london.. LOL

Also may I say Cardiff is in the worlds top 13 places to see 2008, somthing like number 8 http://www.frommers.com/articles/4811.html LONDON ISNT Big Grin
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

saltybeanz Wrote:I hate london.. LOL

Also may I say Cardiff is in the worlds top 13 places to see 2008, somthing like number 8 http://www.frommers.com/articles/4811.html LONDON ISNT Big Grin

Good for you! that's great! nice achievement!!

[We dont need a guide to tell people to visit London. The Central Population is close to 8 Million, the Metropoliton Population close to 14 Million and according to last year's statistics around 50 Million people visitted London last year and 67.3 Million passengers flew through Heathrow]

How many people visitted Cardiff?

Statistics provided by http://www.visitlondon.com/

Some Tourist Attractions in London to name a few;

The Milennium Eye
The O2 Dome
The Tate Modern
The Natural History Museum
The Science Museum
Hyde Park
Buckingham Palace
The Houses of Parliament
Big Ben
Westminister Abbey
Monument
The Treasury
The West End for plays and theatres
St Paul's Cathedral
Boat Rides on the Thames
Horse Riding in Hyde Park
Kensington Gardens
St Jame's Park
Green Park
Harrods
The Golden Mile for shopping [Oxford Street]
Oh and St Pancras Internationl Rail Station for direct trains to our tourist attracting neighbours Paris and Brussels who also have great attractions for tourists.

What's in Cardiff?

The millenium stadium.
The wales millenium centre.
Cardiff castle.
Also cardiff is the youngest capital, it has a healthy balance between city and country, so it isnt as industrialised as london, Cardiff also has the most green land than any other capital in europe. (As told on some tv program). Also Torchwood and Doctor who are based here which is an attraction in itself. Also Cardiff is basically the best point to start going around wales.

In itself cardiff is a beautiful city to visit, as its deep in history and just stunning. The bay has undergone one of the biggest bay investments and the city continues to have money put into it. Its also safer than london, and many people from london agree the atsmophere and general attitude is alot friendlier. I know of 8 people just in my subject group in uni from london which all prefer cardiff to london :biggrin:
[/COLOR]

May I also say.. the fact cardiff made it onto such an elite list must say something. Where was london? Oh not on it! My mistake Rolleyes
[/COLOR]

Before it gets personal, I do have to throw my lot in with Twazzle and say that personally ? I prefer Cardiff to London.

Coming from a place like Jersey which has a population of a mere 100,000 TOTAL, I found London to be just AMAZINGLY huge, but STARTLINGLY huge at the same time.

Cardiff is a city that feels more like a really expansive town, and I do find it a much nicer place to spend time than London ... but that's just my opinion, obviously.

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

shadow Wrote:Before it gets personal, I do have to throw my lot in with Twazzle and say that personally ? I prefer Cardiff to London.

Coming from a place like Jersey which has a population of a mere 100,000 TOTAL, I found London to be just AMAZINGLY huge, but STARTLINGLY huge at the same time.

Cardiff is a city that feels more like a really expansive town, and I do find it a much nicer place to spend time than London ... but that's just my opinion, obviously.

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

Many see Cardiff with everything london has just.. Not so many people, and it takes on the enviroment etc much more on a personal level.. hard to describe..
[/COLOR]

I would actually like to see Cardiff... I hear it's quite a nice place.

And as far as London goes... like the touristy areas - who don't!? But for living there... can't wait to move out personally!!

wouldlikemuscle Wrote:I would actually like to see Cardiff... I hear it's quite a nice place.

And as far as London goes... like the touristy areas - who don't!? But for living there... can't wait to move out personally!!

See I mean the torist things you cant argue with.. but just the general living there I think the standards are quite low and its so expensive to buy any type of home. Cardiff is quite expensive but theres so many options.

Although the downside is Cardiff is more expensive than london to live in simply as wages tend to be lower.
[/COLOR]