Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grindr?
Im contemplating downloading Grindr for my ipod and was wondering if any of you guys can tell me about it?

Like, is it possible to really meet people with it? Not for sex. Preferably for friendship?

And im still closeted to most people. Will it be a huge risk to get one and make a profile?

What do you think of it in general? and how do you use it?

Thanks guys!

I used Grindr for a few weeks after being encouraged and persuaded by my straight friend. He meant well. He wanted me to make new gay friends as I just fully came out early this year. He was introduced to Grindr by his younger brother who is gay.

When it comes to finding friendship, I highly doubt it. But you could give it a shot. Grindr mainly is for hook up and one night stand. That is all.

Grindr reminds me a lot to my high school. Everyone competes to showcase the best profile photo in order to bait someone. The better looking your profile photo , the better chances for you to receive response from the others. Imperfection is thrown out of the window. Unsurprisingly, majority of Grindr users tend to upload photos of themselves half naked. Showing off pecs and abs. Wearing trunks, skimpy undie etc. Baiting for hook up.

I remember reading few online status of Grindr users. They went:

"I'm in XXX shopping mall right now. Anyone nearby? Come and meet me to hook up."

Try to download it and see it for yourself. If you're not happy with what you see, you can always delete it.

It really sucks that most people are there for sex... Kinda just want something real for once. Anyway, yeah i'll try it out. Im gonna ignore any pervs though

Hmmm, I just upgraded my phone myself and just downloaded it this weekend - too early for me to tell, but that is disappointing if that's the case as I'd also look for friends or dating as opposed to a random hook-up of someone nearby.

I definitely advise trying it out. I've had it for quite a while and have made a couple friends from it you just have to cope with the constant barrage of "mature" men trying to get in your pants everytime you turn on the app, but that's what the block button is for. I hope I could help with your decision making Smile

The application can be interesting however its mainly for fidning opeople nearby who you can go meet up with and get another dose of dick.... Basically 21st century cruising... I wouldnt worry about not being out because the people you find on there dont usually know you and ontop of that if they did then you know someone knows and its time to open up to people i guess

Kinbdest regards

zeon x

I must be living on another planet I had to go and Google Grindr to find out what it is...!Scatter