scalloped oysters
gravy
cranberry sauce
pickles
a 20# turkey
pumpkin pudding cake
apple pie
copious amounts of chardonnay

Lord, have mercy! All of it homemade and just perfect.

AND we brought home a milk crate full of leftovers!

Incredible feast.
I bid NO Trump!

Awesome. I didn't even have time for lunch today....oh work, I love you....but I hate you

Big Grin

Happy thanksgiving!

Glad that your food was all that it should be on such a day Smile
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

All that and more!

Unbelievably good cooking. I have not been this full of REAL food in a long, long time.

Scalloped oysters in heavy cream are amazing. I could easily have eaten all of the squash but there was too much else to be concerned with. The turkey was brined with sage and rosemary and came out beautifully. Gravy with wine and giblets to smother piles of mashed potatoes. Oh my...
I bid NO Trump!

it's not even dinner time and I'm already full. sampling the food all day...tasting a little bit here and there to make sure it tastes okay. groan!

Last year was my last Thanksgiving sitting at a dinner table..

The idea of stuffing my face with 12 different types of food makes me sick .

I just can't be around gluttony. .

Year after year I've watched people eat themselves to the point of being sick.. and I vowed never to do it again..

How about a simple three course meal ?

Ask any American about thanksgiving. . They will immediately begin telling you what they ate..

Thanksgiving is not about family and friends anymore ..
It's about food..
Tomorrow everyone I know will still be sluggish ..they all ate too much..

I had a chicken sandwich today.. went out shopping for upcoming projects.. still have enough energy to go out and do more projects..

All my family and friends are sitting on a couch somewhere waiting for their food to digest..

You know what..?
I think I'll go for a jog..

Guess I'll be the only one..

Anocxu, you are so endearing.

You are also right in several ways though this particular stint was not all about food. That's just wahat I chose o post about. The best parts were a guest that had no friends to share the day with, getting to see a friend who has moved out of town and seeing my roomie and his mother get along for a change, which cost me a hundred dollars worth of groceries as an enabling fee.

The food wasn't really gluttony, it was feasting. I had pretty moderate helpings, though I did go somewhat beyond on the mashed potatoes, which are a once or twice yearly treat. The wealth was shared as everyone went home with loads of leftovers to allow for days worth of meals.

True, there is a lot of overeating on this day, but a few other things happened, too. There was an amazing calm across town as people either stayed home or spent time with friends without racing around in their cars to the nearest store. I also confess to some serious introspection over the loss of a friend this last year and it being the first time in my life that I could not call my brother to wish him a happy day. He died last summer and I miss him terribly.

Our hostess is a good cook who loves to plan, organize and prepare meals. She was exhausted but happy.

It was all worth it, though that chicken salad sandwich would have suited me, too. I just hope it wasn't that toxic stuff from Costco.
I bid NO Trump!

Yes, it is about family, and I had a great time with mine.

I don't think there's anything wrong with overeating, but doing it to the point of getting sick makes no sense.

I definitely ate more than usual, but when I felt really full, I stopped. I also limited my desserts instead of having 'some' of everything.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

LJay Wrote:Anocxu, you are so endearing.

You are also right in several ways though this particular stint was not all about food. That's just wahat I chose o post about. The best parts were a guest that had no friends to share the day with, getting to see a friend who has moved out of town and seeing my roomie and his mother get along for a change, which cost me a hundred dollars worth of groceries as an enabling fee.

The food wasn't really gluttony, it was feasting. I had pretty moderate helpings, though I did go somewhat beyond on the mashed potatoes, which are a once or twice yearly treat. The wealth was shared as everyone went home with loads of leftovers to allow for days worth of meals.

True, there is a lot of overeating on this day, but a few other things happened, too. There was an amazing calm across town as people either stayed home or spent time with friends without racing around in their cars to the nearest store. I also confess to some serious introspection over the loss of a friend this last year and it being the first time in my life that I could not call my brother to wish him a happy day. He died last summer and I miss him terribly.

Our hostess is a good cook who loves to plan, organize and prepare meals. She was exhausted but happy.

It was all worth it, though that chicken salad sandwich would have suited me, too. I just hope it wasn't that toxic stuff from Costco.
That's so refreshing to hear you were a part of a healthy union .

My post did sound like the ramblings of an anorexic bitch..

Apologies if it sent any friction your way LJay.

CellarDweller Wrote:Yes, it is about family, and I had a great time with mine.

I don't think there's anything wrong with overeating, but doing it to the point of getting sick makes no sense.

I definitely ate more than usual, but when I felt really full, I stopped. I also limited my desserts instead of having 'some' of everything.
Last two Thanksgiving s I got criticized for eating too little ..but I had the most energy to help clean up afterwards. .lmao..

Anocxu Wrote:You know what..?
I think I'll go for a jog..

Guess I'll be the only one..

No, I'll join you
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams