Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grooming or "Manscaping" advice needed!
Hey all,
New to the forum. I have some questions that google won't answer. I'm looking to trim up properly but can't seem to find any good video's or how to's with detail. A 45 second power point presentation isn't what I'm looking for if anyone knows a good website that has video's of ACTUAL shaving going on I'd really appreciate a link. Will be on the forum all night Smile.

Welcome to GS! I can't give you any pointers, since I leave myself feral (and like it like that). But I can heartily recommended buying a groomer/trimmer rather than trying to actually do anything with a razor. Trust me on that one. Smile

Lex

you need to watch a video in order to use a trimmer? just set the thing to the length you want to keep and have at it. what's so complicated about it that you need to watch a video? you only need to pay attention to what you're doing.

also, google won't answer?:

trimming body hair
''Do I look civilized to you?''

Do we get before and after pictures?

Yepp... pictures please Big Grin

Borg69 Wrote:Do we get before and after pictures?
I was going to suggest he take a vid w/ his iPhone and post it to the tube if there weren't any already. Tweet it around a bit and I bet before long it would be a trending hit!

In the mean time, we got this o.O

Welcome to GS, man.

I recommend the Philips Norelco BG2040 BodyGroom Pro, yeah? It's nice. Easy to use, highly maneuverable.

I also suggest you start off with a longer trim, wear it for a week, then go a little shorter. Repeat. That way you can decide what feels best for you, and once you've found it, stick to it.

As for how? With the trimmer I suggested, it's safer than most. Nicking yourself is nearly impossible so you can experiment with how feels best for you when holding the trimmer, etc. It's not waterproof, but I suggest doing your trimming in the shower (with the shower turned off) so that you can take a shower after and rinse the hair down the drain, yeah?

Never seen a trimming video, so I can't help you there.

i just trim every other month

I use a Wahl brand body grooming kit. It has 3 different width clipper heads that snap on to the motor part and a shaving head that's angled just right to get those special places. I can't remember which model it is but it has a lot of attachments. You do have to be very careful about the clippers though as you can easily nip your skin. Don't ask how I know. It has combs that attach to the clippers to set the length of the hair. It can be used all over the body. It's quite powerful. But as for how to do it, I just learned on my own. It's easy enough.

I wax. The first time is the WORST! However, after the first time, if you wax every 3 weeks it really isn't too painful and it leaves the skin perfectly smooth (no stubble).

~Beaux