Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grooming or "Manscaping" advice needed!
TwisttheLeaf Wrote:I suggest doing your trimming in the shower (with the shower turned off) so that you can take a shower after and rinse the hair down the drain, yeah?

Wonderful way to block up the drain. Mop up the hair with moistened lavatory paper and then throw that down the lavatory.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

LONDONER Wrote:
Wonderful way to block up the drain. Mop up the hair with moistened lavatory paper and then throw that down the lavatory.

My twin sister lives with me and has long, thick hair that reaches down past her hips. What small amount of pubic I trim off every other week or so is the least of my problems when it comes to clogging drains. Smile

I trim once or twice a year. I can get pretty hairy down there, but whatever. I like it somewhat hairy down there anyway. If i date a guy who shaves too much, he'll have to lay off it for a while

I only do my balls once a month , the rest hairy. It a matter of trying different styles , just try and you will find your way

Beaux Wrote:I wax. The first time is the WORST! However, after the first time, if you wax every 3 weeks it really isn't too painful and it leaves the skin perfectly smooth (no stubble).

~Beaux

Beaux, I am surprised. I picture you as a hairy beast down there.

I use the Phillips Norelco Body Groomer. Pretty straight forward with several clip on guides for trimming length. Best to use dry even though they say you can use in the shower. Shaving head is good on firm smooth parts of the body, but tricky for shaving your balls, etc.

OP, there is a Gillette video that describes very well how to do it safely. If you want to do it, avoiding cuts and scrapes is a good thing. Frankly, I think the whole thing can get a bit silly. the hair is there on purpose, you know.

As for clogging drains, we have a little strainer that fits in the tub drain and does wonders though neither one of us shaves in there. We just make sure it stays cleaned out and the plumbing likes us for it. What we clean out goes in the trash.
I bid NO Trump!

LJay Wrote:the hair is there on purpose, you know.
:eek: It is?? Dying to know what that purpose IS…

and while you're at it, what's the purpose of hair growing out of my EARS??? And not only out of the inside but along the edges???? :redface: Meanwhile I haven't any on the top of my head where it DOES have a purpose (like keeping my head warm and protecting me from sunburn!).

Oh, wait, are you going to tell me that is the purpose of pubic hair too???

Oh, well, n/m, I guess I answered my own question. Munky2

I have read that the evolutionary purpose of pubic hair was to prevent irritation when we were running on all fours. It may have also been designed to concentrate pheromones. Depends on who you listen to.

As for baldness, who knows! The hair in your ears may be there to keep you from having to hear some of the nonsense spouted by the young?
I bid NO Trump!

Shaving up is a mutually enjoyable shower time activity if you're smart about it. It's more fun to shave someone else than to do yourself. Also it's easier that way and you can find all sorts of things to shave if you think about it.

And I'm not upset if I'm left with a pecker-stache or a bald one. hahahaha! It's all in fun.