Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Group-Home or Similar Setting
Rainbow 
Hi  Big Grin

Does anyone here live in a Group-Home or a similar living situation?

Due to traumatizing events in the past, I have been diagnosed with Schizoaffective Disorder Bipolar Type; I've ended up in a Community-Based-Living-Arrangement (CBLA) which is about the same as a Group-Home.

I am simply wondering because I'd like to make a friend or two within the same general field.

I have been a part of the Mental Health Program out here in Las Vegas, NV since 2008—it's been exceptionally difficult for me to connect with others on the same level. I've tried the local LGBT Center; Mental Health Groups; and other online resources to no avail.

For those of you unfamiliar with Group-Homes, Self-Living-Arrangements (SLAs), and CBLAs; they're places for those that have been diagnosed with mental&/emotional disorders which includes a caregiver who monitors progress, administers medications, assists with maintenance, & watches behavior.

If you have any questions about this particular topic, feel free to ask me! I'll answer them to the best of my abilities!

Stay love out there  Heart
"Beyond the attractive person in mind, body, & soul is nothingness." - JDD22

i have schizo affective disorder but not in a group home. i live pretty much independent. I probably would do better in a living situation because i tend to isolate. and struggle with self-care. My symptoms have changed over time but i have been inpatient several tims since my 40's
[-] The following 1 member Likes richhix56's post:
  • JDD22