Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Group name
Hi All,

I'm in the New Zealand Military, and one of the things I'm working on at the moment is a support group for GLBT servicepeople. We have approval and everything, and at the moment are just getting everything lined up to go loud, but we dont have a name. We've been throwing a few around, but I was wondering if I'd have any luck crowdsourcing some ideas here.

Were kind of after a group name that doesnt scream gay, but maybe subtly hints at it, and also a name that is a bit military. Some of the ideas we have are:

FLAGSTAFF (Forces Lesbian and Gay, Transgender, Allies and Families Forum)
Overwatch (a military term for when a small unit supports another unit)
Out In Force

These are some of the ideas weve got to kick off with - but were looking to add to the list. Then we will be talking to the people we know already, and get some input, and then the management committee will vote and decide on a name. Hopefully, though, you are able to help us in developing a name for the group!

Hello,
The Flagstaff sounds a good one to go for id say... It is 0736 at the moment and im still half asleep so will respond to this later on Smile

kindest regards

zeon x

Out In Force would embrace all the Armed Forces...including police?

I would say dfiant that in a world where ya still get a small homophobia stating the obvious can lead to taunts... I find flagstaff is one which discreetly shows whats what without offending peoples views.... If you know where im coming from... Sorry if it sounds a load of shit im half asleep as just out of bed

* pats the empty side of bed*....alrighty then Zeon, back to bed then Wink

dfiant Wrote:* pats the empty side of bed*....alrighty then Zeon, back to bed then Wink

Gotta be better than me bf side of the bed... Dog had an accident in the night and she was a good girl and did it on the other daddys side of the bed.. *hops in and continues to snooze*

Ze ze ze ze ze