Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Growing Prejudice?
i think prejudice will take alot of time to iron out im not talking 1000 years from now im talking a minimum 10,000 years say 12000 AD will be the time we either blow ourselves up... Or revert back to normality lol

I find it fascinating, because it seems like this is all their last hurrah. You see, there's a huge problem facing the religious side of politics: Generation Y. This generation, which played a HUGE part in the 2008 elections, and will be in full swing around 2014, holds interesting religious views. Approximately 23% of this generation, roughly those born from 1980 to 1995, hold firm religious beliefs, 23% have none, and 46% are undecided/agnostic, and yes, that means that. Basically, 69% are unlikely to be persuaded by the religious wing. Gen Y is also the most progressive generation yet. It's the Baby Boomer generation that is concerning, because of all the generations, they're the most conservative. I got all this by going to Wikipedia and looking up "Generation Y", and following the link that asserts that Gen Y is the most liberal.
What we'll see from all this is a lot of change in the coming years.

Also of the 23% that have strong religious views some are in favour of same-sex marriage and many are not strongly opposed to it, unlike their religious elders.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

Psyche2011 Wrote:... It's the Baby Boomer generation that is concerning, because of all the generations, they're the most conservative ...
First time anyone's accused me of being conservative :biggrin:

As for the Tennessee language ban (how very 1984) - we got rid of our Section 28, because it did no favours to anyone. I guess that puts Tennessee on a social par with Lithuania where a similar law has been introduced.