Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Growing up with ABC in the 90's
[YOUTUBE/RM4VhmoUHFQ[/YOUTUBE]

Any of you guy's ever watch any of these shows growing up? Daria is my all time fave in the mix.

Crap sorry about that ^

The 1990's...the olden days? lol

dfiant Wrote:The 1990's...the olden days? lol

Haha Yeah Smile

I don't think we got most of those shows in the US. But Daria was a favorite, I've even written some Daria fanfic. I still recall how after watching Beavis & Butt-head with my cousin (who loved B&B) I said Daria needed her own show and he swore the only reason she was funny was because of the wienerheads so it would never happen...but in less than 2 years it happened. Back then it only played on MTV, IIRC.

I was born in 82. I didn't have my own TV so I only rarely watched it in my own home, and that influenced what I got to see as I watched mostly with friends.

Let's see, my favorite shows that I recall was...at age 5-7 (circumstances made me stop watching):

After Jem I was a regular watcher of these which continued into the 90s if they didn't start then:

I recall finding The Tick funny, too, but my best friend thought the idea of a giant tick was so gross she couldn't stand it so I didn't see very much of it. That's all I recall offhand.

Well, there was also The Simpsons and The Critic. When I was 16 there was also Daria (with the notable exception of the movie I wasn't a fan of Beavis & Butt-head) and South Park.

There's probably more I'm forgetting now.

Oh, but back in 98-99 I was put in a special class called ABC (Adaptive Behavior Class)...I doubt I'll ever forget that. :p

Pix Wrote:I don't think we got most of those shows in the US. But Daria was a favorite, I've even written some Daria fanfic.
Now that'd be a fan fiction worth reading.

Was night court on abc? I remember tons of shows when I was a kid: mama's family, Simon & Simon, empty nest, cheers. To answer ur question, I remember Daria too, funny as hell!

I loved Daria. They always had great music on their show. I can remember "What is love" by Haddaway was on one time.

Does any remember Full House, Step by Step, and Family Matters being on ABC? Or was it in the 80s?