Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are you doing for Pride?
I'll...be...doing...err....
*Shrugs*
:redface:
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

72jay Wrote:I didn't quite make it to the Parade, but I did go to PrideFest yesterday Smile
OMG I don't think I've seen so many people in one place
So now I've been to my first PrideFest -YAY!! - and have pictures/video to prove it

Like i mentioned I thought I'd be scared/uncomfortable being there...but that wasn't the case Cool

and a small update:

Its kinda weird ...for years I'd wanted to go (but was ofcourse way to afraid, esp going alone LOL)

So this year I finally made the decision to "just go" (kinda last minute too, especially since I didn't feel great on the Saturday I'd originally planned to). I felt just a small bit fear after getting in the car and heading towards the light-rail station to go into downtown Denver, but that fear quickly went away Smile

I can't really explain this, but after having gone it changed some little thing down inside just slightly... I feel a bit more open?open-minded after going

And I don't know if this is simply the fact i went _or_ because i spent little bits of time here & there in the couple weeks afterwards editing/messing-with the videos I took while there...
...but I have this 'kinda want to go again/to another' feeling LOL .

Im gonna go check it out. here, it next month (dunno if same everywhere, never been to one bfore Tongue)
Ill probably either go alone or with some of my cousins (they're straight, but extremely comfortable with LGBT ppl)

BYoNexus Wrote:Im gonna go check it out. here, it next month (dunno if same everywhere, never been to one bfore Tongue)
Ill probably either go alone or with some of my cousins (they're straight, but extremely comfortable with LGBT ppl)

Hope you enjoy! (& don't forget to bring a camera Smile )

Check and see if there's any YouTube videos from last year's Pride in your area, that may give a good preview (but is nothing like seeing it 'live' LOL)

---------------------------
From what I see, looks like Dates vary anywhere from June to late August?
The main one (the one I went to) here is in June, but i see a couple of the smaller cities here also have their own in July(next weekend) and August

Im planning to just go and check it out. Either by myself or maybe with my cousins, since they're the only ones who would probably be up for it. Not gonna do anything special tho

Rainbow mohawk sounds hilarious (in a cool way, not derogatory). Also love the shirt.

I just recently found this on the net...
One of the towns here (Boulder Colorado) is having some type of midnight pride parade tonight :eek: that'd probably be pretty cool to see! If it wasn't so far from me I might just go LOL

Then they have their Pridefest on Sunday (I may consider going to that..If i don't end up going camping sat night). Do people go to Pridefest's in cities other than the one closest to their home??