Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guidos Say It Gets Better
These two guys discuss the recent tragedies of gay teen suicides and send an important message with this video. It's good video..... Smile

I don't know if I like the way they do it... but... I guess the message is about being open-minded... and not judge.

I suppose they're trying ...

I'm somewhat of a guido... kinda... so I agree with them. This is the best message! :biggrin:

What exactly is a guido? I had to refer to Wikipedia and Google images to get an idea. But still somewhat confused.

According to Wikipedia

Quote:Guido (English pronunciation: /ˈɡwiːdoʊ/) is a slang term for a lower-class or working-class urban Italian-American. The guido stereotype is multi-faceted. Originally, it was used as a demeaning term for Italian-Americans in general. More recently, it has come to refer to Italians who conduct themselves as thugs with an overtly macho attitude.[1] The time period in which it obtained the latter meaning is not clear, but some sources date it to the 1970s or 1980s

Guido (slang) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Is this true?

Guido is actually the Italian name Guy, in French Guy... which is a proper noun... as American English seems to use the word guys to mean male persons, and by extension any people of any sex (especially in the plural) I suppose Guidos is the Italianate version of "guys". Originally, I think the term "guys" was taken from Guy Fawkes, a man who attempted to blow up the Houses of Parliament in London a few centuries ago. The attempt was uncovered and failed and Guy Fawkes was sentenced to death. Subsequently (and even today) effigies made of rag and / or straw were made to be burnt on a bonfire; on Bonfire Night, the English equivalent to the 4th of July, or le 14 juillet which is celebrated in Great Britain on November 5th, such effigies are offered to the flames of a big fire outside. I think these effigies, known as guys, came to be the popular word for male men, and then for all people... Another example of proper nouns coming into their own, like Hoover for vaccum cleaners and vaccum cleaning, or Saran Wrap for cling film...

Awesome video
thanks for posting dude !

Dude doesn't generally apply to females... Just my thoughts.

I kinda liked this video. Though I didn't plan it that way nor did I give it any thought previous to "the event"...I found out that when I beat the sh*t out of one of our high school jock bullies who was attempting to harass me for being gay I effectively stopped any bullying for myself AND my friends who were also gay...I also stuck up for the disabled kids because I was always shocked when they would get harassed and it enraged me.

I understand fighting back is not for everyone or is it always the best option but if you do fight back you can effectively shut the bully down because they are very weak people and are easily intimidated. I always think of the blowfish when I think of the bully.

The only thing worse than being openly gay in HS is to be a jock who gets the sh*t beaten out of them by someone who is openly gay:biggrin:...and it keep all the rest of them away from you afterward because they dont' want to risk having the same thing happen to them.

ROFLMAO!!!! Yeah, east, AHHHHH! Peace to all gay thugs. I do like the message in the video. It seems it will get better. Y'know Perez Hilton started the concept of the "It Gets Better" videos? Colour me shocked. Who knew?