Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guys: We ain't as smart as we think we are ......
Barbara Walters, of 20/20, did a story on gender roles
in Kabul, Afghanistan , several years before the Afghan conflict.
She noted that women customarily walked five paces
behind their husbands.

She recently returned to Kabul and observed that women still walk behind their husbands. Despite the overthrow of the oppressive Taliban regime, the women now seem happy to maintain the old custom.

Ms. Walters approached one of the Afghani women and asked, 'Why do you now seem happy with an old custom that you once tried so desperately to change?

'The woman looked Ms. Walters straight in the eyes, and without hesitation said, "Land mines."

Moral of the story is (no matter what language you speak or where you go): BEHIND EVERY MAN, THERE'S A SMART WOMAN
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Well duh, its pretty simple to see that we guys are dumbasses

Thats why SMART men open doors for women. let them go first, and stop to let them pass by.
Chivalry has nothing to do with it!!!

That's got me thinking about chivalry between gay men. Who opens the door for whom? Who picks up the tab, or pulls the chair out? Who decides????

Spellbound Wrote:That's got me thinking about chivalry between gay men. Who opens the door for whom? Who picks up the tab, or pulls the chair out? Who decides????

Personally, I think whoever opens the door first should open it for the others (whether you go in and hold it open after you or motion the others to go through first depends on how formal or informal you're being). Gender has never really had anything to do with it for me, though a romantic gesture is to open the car door for your date if you're going to drive somewhere (though in my case I probably wouldn't give 'em time, not unless someone opened it for me to get in then I might think to give them a chance to open it for me to get out).

As for the other old fashion values I'd say whoever gives the invite is the one to host the other, that is if you invited him to a fancy French restaurant then you pull the chair and pick up the tab. If he invites you to another place he likes next then it's his turn.

Pix Wrote:Personally, I think whoever opens the door first should open it for the others (whether you go in and hold it open after you or motion the others to go through first depends on how formal or informal you're being). Gender has never really had anything to do with it for me, though a romantic gesture is to open the car door for your date if you're going to drive somewhere (though in my case I probably wouldn't give 'em time, not unless someone opened it for me to get in then I might think to give them a chance to open it for me to get out).

As for the other old fashion values I'd say whoever gives the invite is the one to host the other, that is if you invited him to a fancy French restaurant then you pull the chair and pick up the tab. If he invites you to another place he likes next then it's his turn.

I dont hold to that concept.
I held the door open once for a couple of old ladies, and then all of a sudden...out of nowhere 10 other women came RUNNING through the door....and then I happened to turn around and I saw a herd of women galloping towards me!! They were about 20 yards off anyway. I dont get paid to be a doorman, and none of them even said so much as "thank you" to me for holding that door open all that time. So I went in and went on my way.

Some bitch came running up screaming at me "DIDNT YOU SEE ME RUNNING FOR THE DOOR YOU ASSHOLE"!!!!!

It only takes one bitch to fuck it up for everybody else.

I dont open doors for anybody anymore, unless its somebody Im with.

Spellbound Wrote:That's got me thinking about chivalry between gay men. Who opens the door for whom? Who picks up the tab, or pulls the chair out? Who decides????

Doors and chairs - whoever gets there first, unless there is an establish hierarchy in place.
Or, whomever is the more "masculine".

Picking up the check - always expect to pay your own.....when the check comes, ask "how much is mine"? If he wants to pay, he will tell you he is paying for both.
In my life, I always make sure beforehand, that I know if its "dutch" or if he is going ot pay the whole thing.

MisterTinkles Wrote:I held the door open once for a couple of old ladies, and then all of a sudden...out of nowhere 10 other women came RUNNING through the door....and then I happened to turn around and I saw a herd of women galloping towards me!! They were about 20 yards off anyway. I dont get paid to be a doorman, and none of them even said so much as "thank you" to me for holding that door open all that time. So I went in and went on my way.

Some bitch came running up screaming at me "DIDNT YOU SEE ME RUNNING FOR THE DOOR YOU ASSHOLE"!!!!!

How strange. I'm curious, where was this? That is, WHY were there so many women (and not men) coming through all at once where they were all acting that way? :confused:

This had to be some kind of weird social function because that's not normal.