Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guys that say they're "Busy"
SilentFilm1988 Wrote:princealbertofb
But if they both truly weren't interested, they why would they email me or give there numbers to me in the first place especially when I didn't ask for them. Do some guys do that just to satisfy there own Egos?

I have been thinking about this a lot, too. What's with the mind games? Why act interested one minute, and then vaporize the next?

I think a lot of it is because men are so impulsive, and with gay culture those impulses are amplified like crazy.

It ends up with gay men being flakes, fakes, or outright tools. I don't think it's an ego thing that often... Just a lack of courtesy.

meridannight Wrote:[MENTION=21084]Virge[/MENTION], [MENTION=22709]JohnSomebody[/MENTION]
i also sometimes get very busy at my work, but i can always find a couple of hours -- at the very least! -- whether at the expense of my personal time, sleep time, or work time to spend time with a man i am interested in getting to know. if i am not willing to find the time for him, then i am not that interested in being with him. that's the bare truth.

this applies to everyone. honestly, no person on this planet is that busy that they can't spare two hours from their week! that's just nonsense. then they apparently are not that interested in spending time with whomever it was that asked. this has to do with the guy who asks, not having the whole 168 hours from your week scheduled for. unless, you're the President of the country, you are not that busy.

totally false. now you're imposing your subjective something onto it. these are completely different circumstances.

What I find RIDICULOUS is for you to compare my busy schedule to yours due to the fact that I don't know anything about YOU or you sure do not know anything about me to make that statement on my behalf...I do not make up some excuse if I do not want to be bothered with someone...I have no problem letting them know this...Assuming what you dont know about someone can be a ridiculous thing to do which is what this guy that I've mentioned in my initial post discovered recently which he apologized for assuming something about me that he did not know the truth about and even sent me two dozen roses on this behalf. Just because you can mangle your "busy" schedule to give someone two hours of your time has nothing to do with mine and better yet...I would not even assume what you can do or how you can do because frankly...ITS NONE OF MY BUSINESS JUST LIKE MY BUSY SCHEDULE IS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SilentFilm1988 Wrote:princealbertofbWhat springs to mind is that the correspondents are playing with you. Have you checked that 1) they are bona fide males?
2) they actually exist as who they say they are?
because online I can be an old woman if I like, or a young boy (I am neither, so....). I think they are too busy to be 'caught out' lying about what and who they are.

I had no reason to doubt who they said they were although I know anyone and everyone can be fake online. I met them both off a dating site called Plenty Of Fish they both had plenty of photos of themselves on there profile and when we exchanged photos they even sent a few of what they were doing in that moment (IE Selfies). I also had no reason to believe they both had boyfriends since they were on a dating profile and said they were single.

But if they both truly weren't interested, they why would they email me or give there numbers to me in the first place especially when I didn't ask for them. Do some guys do that just to satisfy there own Egos?
I was about to respond to this...
But I'm busy..

JohnSomebody Wrote:Just because you can mangle your "busy" schedule to give someone two hours of your time has nothing to do with mine and better yet...I would not even assume what you can do or how you can do because frankly...ITS NONE OF MY BUSINESS JUST LIKE MY BUSY SCHEDULE IS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i never said your schedule was my business, nor did i claim to know about any specific life event of yours. nor do i care to.

however, i am gonna say this -- do you eat lunch? dinner? if i was as busy as you propose yourself to be, i.e. had absolutely no time at all any day of the week to get together with a guy, i'd ask him to have lunch with me, or dinner. or breakfast coffee, if that's your thing (i don't drink coffee). unless you don't even have 10 minutes from your day to grab a snack with your friend, you were not that interested in spending time with that guy. nobody is that busy. it's always the person who asks you, not the fact that you don't have any time.

i also don't have to mangle anything. i know where my priorities lay. and i know that cutting two hours here or there isn't gonna make a huge difference one way or the other in the grand scheme of things.
''Do I look civilized to you?''

Rareboy Wrote:Seriously. the moment someone tells you they are too busy, give it up. If they want to seet up or hook up, if they are tied up, they will suggest an alternate time. If they don't, the answer is dead clear.

Delete them.

exactly. this is the basic gist of it. people who want to be with you find the time and/or initiate contact themselves. if they don't, then they are not interested in you.
''Do I look civilized to you?''

It is possible that they are doing that for their egos as it is possible that they are genuine and genuinely busy. But has it occurred to you that maybe they're not particularly good at thinking things through and maybe hand out their details a little too freely? Were they high or drunk when they did so (we don't know, maybe you do... ) and therefore are they now regretting having passed on those details before giving sufficient thought about the consequences? Again we don't know (maybe you do ...) I have in mind this trait that is often attributed to Aries : butt first (go ahead with action first ) then turn around, pause and look at the damage. Often it's too late to mend or to make amends so the best they can do is try to salvage the situation or leave the premises.