Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
H.O.P.E (homosexuals opposed to pride extremism)
East Wrote:Should we silence members of our community we deem "unfit" in order to appease homophobes?

I don't think it is about appeasing homophobes. I think there are a lot of homophobes that are homophobes because of the way that sexuality is presented in Mardis Gras Parades because they have a false impression of what homosexuals are.

megumidesu Wrote:no , that's not what i'm saying.
i'm not for or against pride. i never go , except to get the cheap booze in the evening , so i can't really say anything about it. what i was trying to point out was why people might be against it , or , at the very least , pissed off with what certain aspects of it are doing to lgbt attitudes ~~

They had the exact same concerns in the 70s and 80s when they thought that gay men who were too effeminate pissed off and threatened straight people.

If anyone wants to judge an entire group of people based not the actions of a few..then it is they who have the problem. ...and I doubt the parade had anything to do with it

Hi Dreamer.

I won't be drawn on this issue, I choose to let it lie as it is a no win issue, and I would not want it to cause any further damage, even to my cyber friends on GS, that my friend, happens to includes you.:flirty-thank-you-sm

Humble,
No mention made of flamboyancy.
Do I have some God given right to be accepted by every single section of humanity, just because I exist?

No. I have to earn that right.

That is hard, persistant work. There is no short-cut.

We in SA are much further along the road of recognition of the rights of minorities than even Sweden, OUR rights are constitionally protected.

Don't for one moment think this is acceptance. We are still a calvinistic / tribal society.

Any acceptance I have obtained, be it at work, at home, at the gay resort comes about because of who I am, not what I am.

The fact that I was given the go ahead to foster a teenager of 14, by the minister of welfare did not come about because I am gay, it was granted despite that.

I earned their acceptance.

I am 1 of only 14 couples who has a perminent place at the only gay bush-resort in SA. Why? I earned the respect of the owners by conforming to their requirements, VIS pay my account promptly, help when you can, use utilities sparingly, be considerate of others, touch nothing that does not belong to you, get permission before you do something and so on.

Those are conditions that that particular society places on being accepted.

I choose to conform to have the priveledge of being part of that community

There is no short-cut

dfiant1 Wrote:I don't think it is about appeasing homophobes. I think there are a lot of homophobes that are homophobes because of the way that sexuality is presented in Mardis Gras Parades because they have a false impression of what homosexuals are.

^ there. right there. that's what i meant

Stonewall was not about homosexuality, it was about cross dressers and the gays (non-cross dressing gays) jumped on to the bandwagon.

I personally wasn't there, but my gay parents - Those individuals who were there and where older than me, reported something different than the 'Accepted Report of History' gives us today. As your 'gay parent' I can tell you that the sanitized version of what Gay Pride is in America is not exactly what it was back in the day. I was there and what I saw is not what Wikipedia and Google Reports it to be, just like Stonewall was not exactly what my gay parents told me.

And this is not just gay history that has been Rewritten. Take President Reagan - I recall his administration very well thank-you, he wasn't Sainted until well after his Administration. The man was hated pretty equally amongst his contemporaries on either side.

Deified or Demonized - never real 'truths' when it comes to people, places and events. History is rewritten by the Victor, the victimized are often demonized.

If the US revolutionary war failed, George Washington would have went down in history as a world class Terrorist. The guerrilla tactics used on the colonial front lines wouldn't be expressed in terms of 'revolutionary war tactics' but would have been explained as being dishonorable and uncivilized.

H.O.P.E (homosexuals opposed to pride extremism)

Just do a simple Google Image Search for 'Gay Pride': https://www.google.com/search?q=Gay+Prid...24&bih=709

I think that that image result make is perfectly clear what Gay Pride really is about. Nudity and Sexuality.

I fail to see what all of those scantily clad well oiled bodies are doing to make those governments that view LGBT as a deviation and 'problem' to the point where killing gays is their only solution any less dead set in murdering the perverse LGBT which apparently, based on a quick Google search LGBT are perverse.

I could only look for a second cause it hurt my eyes

HumbleTangerine Wrote:I believe pride parades, at least the typical ones, become excessive once a country has reached a certain degree of acceptance. I understand that the LGBT community in very oppressive nations feel the need to show their government they exist by getting together in unity, but I'm a little sceptical in more tolerant countries.

Sweden, for example, where I come from, is generally very accepting. There's not a single political party with influence that opposes equality for LGBT people and most people feel either positively or neutrally about homosexuality. As far as I'm concerned, the "LGBT community" here ought to go from "We need to show people we exist" to "We need to show people that our sexuality does not define us".

Then again, I believe they have the right to keep parading if they want to. It bothers me when people go "But the most flamboyant homosexuals give all of us a bad reputation". So fucking what, if society demands normalization from a group of individuals before they can become accepting it would be a very sad and disappointing thing for the group to actually give in. We strive for acceptance, not acceptance under some bizarre, normative conditions.

In facts, that is not because a country reaches a certain level of acceptance that this acceptance is stable...

And people have fun during prides...why should one prevent them this pleasure?

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:H.O.P.E (homosexuals opposed to pride extremism)

Just do a simple Google Image Search for 'Gay Pride': https://www.google.com/search?q=Gay+Prid...24&bih=709

I think that that image result make is perfectly clear what Gay Pride really is about. Nudity and Sexuality.

I fail to see what all of those scantily clad well oiled bodies are doing to make those governments that view LGBT as a deviation and 'problem' to the point where killing gays is their only solution any less dead set in murdering the perverse LGBT which apparently, based on a quick Google search LGBT are perverse.

Rolleyes
There's only one reason for that, people don't take pictures of random guys marching but extravagant/sexy guys who mostly do that for autoderision. It doesn't translate the reality and if people are too stupid to understand that, it's their problems.

I have been to almost each prides in Paris since I'm 18, it was one of the elements that makes me accept myself more than I used to.
You have all associations represented : gay cops, gay choral, gay jewish, gay muslims, and gay *insert political parties* etc. It is not just a parade to show faggots with plums stuck in the ass, but a parade to show that gays exist everywhere and are happy to be like that.
Stereotypes are here, with or without gay pride, that would be the same. I would even dare to say that it would be worse without...

Ekwarph here in the uk gay rights is as stable as the rights of all uk citizens…

If we ever lost that right, it will be a breakdown on society or democracy on all levels…

Well i dont like to prevent fun but to me its not fun.