Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
H'lo from GErmany
Hey big warmWelcome Mr.Dude

Pardon my ignorance... is 'Murrican' slang for American or Morrocan? Laugh
Note: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this contaminant free message. However, I do concede, a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.

cooperjames Wrote:OMG! YES!

now i have someone to help me with my german lessons!

i'm finding new uses for you europeans everyday!
Maybe you'd better re-read his introduction ... Rolleyes

Andy Wrote:Hey big warmWelcome Mr.Dude

Pardon my ignorance... is 'Murrican' slang for American or Morrocan? Laugh

Murrican is like a parody of a redneck pronunciation of America but I guess trhese things only make sense in my bizarrel ittle world. :p

lol thanx for clearing that up! I'll add it to my redneck vocabulary to try and impress any southerners I meet! Laugh
Note: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this contaminant free message. However, I do concede, a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.

Mr.Dude Wrote:... Im a military kid, did I mention that? So ok. Did consider joining the military but DADT is a bit of an issue ...
No, but it was an easy assumption to make. I've known many Americans in the past who colonise British air force camps and call them "bases". One place in particular, RAF Chicksands (although I never understood in what way it was still "RAF") was a place where I visited a number of American friends, although I hated the whole process of doing so. The whole being stopped and searched at the gate thing each time drove me nuts. To add insult to injury I was also stopped by security if I happened not to be aware of the more esoteric of the USA's version of the highway code whilst driving on these roads in England to a friend's house. Everything on the camp was flown in from America and they seemed to contribute pretty much nothing to the local economy, except for the few people who elected to live "off-base". Rather than taking advantage of experiencing a different culture and way of life most of the Americans on these places could live in splendid isolation and not have to to have anything to do with the locals at all. No wonder you don't speak German. Is there actually any encouragement to do so? It doesn't sound as though things have changed much in the past 30 years :frown:

Apart from my ranting, welcome to this site Xyxwave . One of the most interesting things about it is the international make up of the members. So much to learn and to enjoy. Confusedmile:

Question ... what's actually wrong with dragons that they need slaying?

MAn I dont know I just figure that after the twenty third roasted peasant the locals just wont have it and they contact me.

Anyway as for the isolation thing Im not so sure, bases that Ive seen tend to have business growing up around them because the soldiers inside tend to make frequent forays outside of them due to their size and lack ofavailability on goods. As for the security it never really occured to me since Im on the system and have a card, so access is relatively simple. I do live off base by the way, its just that everytime Ive set myself to classes there always seems to be something more pressing to do. Really its my own fault due to a certain lack of motivation but I find that absurdly Im too shy to do much more than basic communication in any given shop and with alot of germans being educated in english I get by fine. Still I spose.

I see, it's the peasants. So it's the thirteenth century part of Germany you live in?

Glad to hear that more people seem to be getting out than in my day. The only thing I have tended to notice about the effect of an American base on the local economies of East Anglia are localised hikes in property rental prices. Mostly that takes them even more out of my league.

Aber Deutsch is eine schöne Sprache!!

Also being able to communicate with the locals is maybe a good way to start hunting down closet cases. I find the best way to find out is play sexy tunes on any given musical instrument and wait to see who decides to dance provocatively infront of you. Or just be really flirty with everybody until you can guage the way they react.

Or buy my all new gaydar system, recently approved by the EU for general sale. It's available for only £69.69 a month for the rest of your life...

As for dragon slaying, if you're ever in need of a magician, i can hook you up Wink heehee My spells are a force to be rockoned with. Right now i waste my magical powers pushing credit cards on old ladies...

It would seem that the general atmosphere in the community I live in is quite hostile to even flirting but perhaps thats just me exaggerating fears and such.

As for the part of Germany I live in it alternates between modern germany, thirteenth century germany, and fairy tale germany depending upon variable factors ranging from whim to what I may or may not have been drinking at the time.

Sounds like you'll fit in just fine round here then Wink