Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HELP! I don't know what to do
Hello guys!

I'm going to be direct and say that I have cheated on my boyfriend(whom I've been dating for 6 months) and now I don't know what to do. My best friend hooked me up with him. At first, I wasn't very attracted to him physically, but I thought that he has a very great personality.(That best friend also told me that my long time crush hated me..) So it was one night and I just took the chance(carpei diem). After 6 months, we just drifted apart, and now we barely text each other. I'm not attracted to him both emotionally and sexually. I've been thinking to break up with him for 2 months, but I thought it might be the wrong choice.(I've made many wrong choice in my life..) And now, it was too late because the final exam time came, and it is not a good time to break up... And I stupidly downloaded Scruff on my Android, and I got a reply from a really great guy. I actually met with him and I really like him, and he likes me as well.(we've done more than a kiss...) and now that he told me this, I feel very split apart because something that I thought was going to be one time thing, turned out to be something that could become very dear to me and make good friends. And I just don't know what to do. I feel guilty, but I also feel that I made the right choice because it got to me meet such a great guy, but I also just feel bad for my boyfriend. I'm planning onto break up with him tomorrow. I need help. Thanks.... I feel so much split emotions.....

Whoa!! Pressure overload .

I will be 100% honest with you here ,first of all let me say I do not condone cheating nor do I believe in justifying it , but I also do not believe in making promises that may or may not be kept.

There are no absolutes in life.
You are human , you will make mistakes ,we all do.

It really sounds like you have grown apart from your current partner ,it also sounds like you got pressured into this relationship with him or maybe you just settled .

Either way if you are not happy he wont be happy , if you are not honest it will eat at you. Time to evaluate your relationship ,there is no way you can force yourself to be attracted to someone you are not , it;s not fair to him and it is not fair to you.

It's a lose - lose situation it's not to late to get out of this before it gets out of hand.
It's not to late to be honest .

We are all here for you.

Since you have drifted apart and obviously since you accidentally downloaded and used that app to hook up with a guy, its a clear that this relationship is all but dead but without a proper burial. Now you can bury it with telling the truth.

If you want to break up then just break up with him and don't bother telling him you have slept around unless he pushes. Seriously, he doesn't need the additional baggage that a betrayal will throw on him to carry about.

Break it off, tell him you are no longer into the relationship, tell him the long silences are telling you its over.

It seems a damn dirty way to go about hooking up and dumping people, I hope you don't make this a habit and figure out how to end a relationship BEFORE you hook up with another guy.

You need to be single for a while and stop trying to make every guy be your boyfriend. 6 months is not a long time and cheating twice means you are not mature enough to be in a relationship. You sound very young so I would say take a few years to play around and figure out what you want. Then you can think seriously about boyfriends. Dont get into another relationship until you can say to yourself this is the last guy I ever want to be with for the rest of my life.

I'll tell a secret: it's never a good time to end a relationship. Something will always be happening, or coming soon. There will always be a million reasons not to do something.