Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HELP! I need ideas from classroom activities
Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:If they are allowed off of school grounds, let them use their cell-phone cameras and take pictures of local 'tourist traps' or what could be tourist traps.

If you want use the technology have them use google maps to isolate tourist hotspots already and go take pictures and make up brief descriptions of why these are tourists spots.

Thanks, Sweetie.

We have already done a couple of photo marathons, one at school and the other in the historical district of our city.

Google Maps is wonderful too, they always enjoy it.

MissingNYC Wrote:Perhaps you should go back to the basics.

I couldn't open the link to the video but I can tell you one thing: conventional teaching doesn't work with these kids. They are all extremely poor, totally uncultivated (i.e. ignorant) and have zero motivation.

Vigilias Wrote:And these places you took them on a treasure hunt, behave well did they?

Superglue the little bastards feet to the floor!

Surprisingly well, yes.

If you find the right activities, they will cooperate and behave well - even kids as terrible as these.

Ho ho = hop on hop off

I love the idea of exploring your area for tourism purpose,perhaps it's better to include the task of uploading pictures on instagram and foursquare and leaving reviews on foursquare,that's certainly fun for youngsters~

mamza Wrote:I love the idea of exploring your area for tourism purpose,perhaps it's better to include the task of uploading pictures on instagram and foursquare and leaving reviews on foursquare,that's certainly fun for youngsters~

Thanks for your reply, Honey, I appreciate it. I'm going to send you a PM soon.

No problem~ Wink

MissingNYC Wrote:Perhaps you should go back to the basics.

[...]

I finally was able to see the video lol

Now that you mention it, sex is strictly taboo in my classes. I don't want to talk about it and they don't want to hear it.

I only mentioned the subject once, it was a lesson on advertising and I showed them a wonderful ad on HIV prevention.