Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HELP ME! I want to leave home but don't at the same time.
Finish school, finish school, finish school, finish school, finish school, finish school...

Wade has already said it, Woollyhats has already said it...I repeat it in the hope of conveying just how critical is it.

As much as your relationship seems wonderful now 3 months is not enough time to determine if it can survive let's say 2 years till you're 18 and get the chance of beggining to support yourself..

I would advice you to stay home endure this 2 years and then you won't really have to answer to your dad anymore.

2 years may seem ages in teenage years but its not...they fly by quickly..

Imagine if for some reason you 2 break up...what would your situation be then?

nope, better wait until you are of age to support yourself, to have a safety net in case everything goes ill.

Now, if things get really bad in the house, can't your brother pitch in and help?

I believe if you were forced to leave the house your brother should be the first to be adressed.

Best of lucks and keep in mind that this time will pass, and soon enough you'll be free to live your life

Thanks everyone for the replies so far i appreciate them Smile

i just love the last line in CAPS , as long as u stick to that then do what u need to do,, but as crap as this sounds ,, maybe do tell your parents whats happening , then they have the opportunity to either accept it,, or at least change their attitude,, deny you this (so at least you know) or as sad as this may sound, they my want you out of their lives for your choices ,,,,, be prepared for acceptance or total rejection,,don't jump into this lightly,,as you know im sure mate - but good luck

Uhmm 16 is a very early age to move in with someone (pardon me for the conservatism)

You cant solve a problem by another problem.. I guess the best thing to do is just stay, im really discouraging you because you are young and still vulnerable. Im not saying you two would break up soon, but it is possible right? Where would you go if it happens? The worst decisions are the ones we make out of anger.. So maybe think about it many times

I mean you can still live there with your dad (and you have your bro too), go out early and go home late.

And since he is still your father maybe its better to settle differences first, im not sure if 2 years would suffice for that.. But being okay with each other without any angst even if no acceptance regarding your sexuality would be okay before you become independent. Even if he has his reservations regarding homosexuality, it doeant mean he doesnt love you and care for you.. He would be hurt if ever you'll leave and maybe would be more upset if he finds out you moved in with bf

Its easier to move on with your life when you know you have not hurt anyone in the past.. Good luck!

You are 16? Dating a 26 year old?

What are the laws in your country for this? If you are legally "underage" and somebody finds out about it, your boyfriend can go to jail for a long time....regardless of what you say about the situation. A judge will only rule in favor of the law, not a minor.

If you want to move out, then I would say you need to talk to your brother, and possibly move in with him.

If both of you want to get away from your father, then your brother can file for custody of you until you are of legal age.

If you are of legal age already, then I suggest you think long and hard about moving in with a boyfriend. He will have to be responsible for all the bills until you graduate school and then can get a job.

There is a LOT to think about here.

MisterTinkles Wrote:You are 16? Dating a 26 year old?

What are the laws in your country for this? If you are legally "underage" and somebody finds out about it, your boyfriend can go to jail for a long time....regardless of what you say about the situation. A judge will only rule in favor of the law, not a minor.

If you want to move out, then I would say you need to talk to your brother, and possibly move in with him.

If both of you want to get away from your father, then your brother can file for custody of you until you are of legal age.

If you are of legal age already, then I suggest you think long and hard about moving in with a boyfriend. He will have to be responsible for all the bills until you graduate school and then can get a job.

There is a LOT to think about here.

In my state and country it is legal age of consent is 16.

My brother doesn't live at home anymore he hasn't for around 8 years, he lives a fair way away which is about a 5 hour drive.

I'm still deciding on what i'm doing i'm thinking about waiting until i get my P's so i can just move in and drive myself to school and stuff although it would be a 45 min drive each way to school currently it's around 25 mins to school on a bus but where my boyfriend lives no buses for my school go.

He is willing to be responsible for bills and stuff for awhile i asked him about it, i have some money aside anyway, and would be getting a part time job.

Reece1997 Wrote:In my state and country it is legal age of consent is 16.

My brother doesn't live at home anymore he hasn't for around 8 years, he lives a fair way away which is about a 5 hour drive.

I'm still deciding on what i'm doing i'm thinking about waiting until i get my P's so i can just move in and drive myself to school and stuff although it would be a 45 min drive each way to school currently it's around 25 mins to school on a bus but where my boyfriend lives no buses for my school go.

He is willing to be responsible for bills and stuff for awhile i asked him about it, i have some money aside anyway, and would be getting a part time job.

Whatever you do, just be sure you keep communications open between both of you.
Make some common rules for each other, so you both dont get upset over something silly the other one might do.

And remember, you both have lived your own ways for years. It will take time, patience, understanding, and LOTS of communication to be able to create something living together.

Good luck.

MisterTinkles Wrote:Whatever you do, just be sure you keep communications open between both of you.
Make some common rules for each other, so you both dont get upset over something silly the other one might do.

And remember, you both have lived your own ways for years. It will take time, patience, understanding, and LOTS of communication to be able to create something living together.

Good luck.

Thanks Smile If we don't move in together soon it will be between 1 or 2 years into the future.

Mate even though your dad is a cunt, and once you move out announcing the news "Surprise, I'm gay too! Cheerleader2" make sure you leave him an open window in your life. I'm not saying leave the door open, but please leave the window open.

My parents never married, because my dad was a dick. Back in my 6th year of school, I told him he's an asshole and I never want to see him again. Six months passed and he tries contacting me to invite me to go fishing, acting like nothing ever happened, and I declined.

Three years passed and I hadn't heard from him, nor attempted to contact him. His mother comes to my front door to announce of my father's suicide.

Please don't shut your dad out of your life. I know what he says upsets you, but if you leave the window open, he can see you, and hopefully eventually take back the hurtful things he has said. People CAN change. If he doesn't change, oh well. He just won't be seeing his beautiful grandkids grow up. It'll hurt him.

Evan88 Wrote:Uhmm 16 is a very early age to move in with someone (pardon me for the conservatism)

16 years old! So young!

Reece, I don't want to seem arrogant or condescending but there are two things you need to know about life:

a) Silence is indeed golden, people could avoid countless problems and worries if they just kept their mouths shut.

b) Family is important. Yes, they may be pricks (and most of the time they are!) but you cannot live without them. Family is our safe haven in life, they're more important than relationships and friends. Be patient, don't leave your father's home just yet and when you do leave, don't tell him why, don't even mention the word 'homosexuality' and keep things peaceful.

Your sexuality is nobody's business but your own, your father doesn't have to know and this is definitely NOT the right time to come out of the closet.