Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HELP. im in love...
im absolutely in love with my best friend.
weve been friends since around may of 2012. we became friends in the intention of dating, but lost touch after a fight. she has recently come back into my life. we text everyday from when we wake up, to when we go to sleep. we usually call each other 2 to 3 times a week. she lives around 45 minutes away from me. she has told me she has feelings for me and we flirt constantly.
you may ask, well if you both like each other, why not date? well...shes been hurt a lot in the past almost two months weve been talking again. she got dumped once, and rejected another time. ive seen her go through this pain and all i want to do is help and show her that REAL love is out there....with me.

she tells me to be patient, that my time will come. she just needs time. but im so tired of waiting. im scared my feelings will go away because of me being so impatient.

so my question is...should i wait? any advice for making this easier on me?

thank you, i really appreciate it

-Taylor.

I only have experience with one guy but we definitely rushed into it. But we never had the intention of being friends we both knew what we wanted. But if your both at the point of wanting to be together and you know you will be happy with her and have no doubts about it I would just ask her and honestly as long as you have a form of transportation 45 mins isnt very far Tongue My situation puts me an hour away from my guy xD.

Hi Taylor, welcome to the forum Smile

It sounds like you might want to spend a little more time showing your friend what a great friend you can be, rather than a prospective romantic partner, especially if she has just gone through difficult relationship issues. This will show her how much you care for her, and will hopefully strengthen the relationship past friendship if she finds that she is attracted to you. She will probably also appreciate the support and encouragement if she is still having difficulties with her last relationships, as well as your patience and selflessness.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents and hope it helps a little..... I'm sure others will correct me if I'm wrong about anything...
Chris

Yes, definitely wait.

Seriously, 2 months is no where enough time to resolve the emotions she has been through.

Heartbreak hurts, hard - it takes time to get through it enough to see straight, breathe, live again.

Giver her space and time.

I would be patient. If she's not ready for a relationship, chances are it'll end in heartbreak if you try and force it. Just be a friend for a while, be there for her and let things develop naturally.
If waiting causes your feelings for her to go away maybe it wasn't meant to be. Smile

Wait on her, she's hurt and needs time to heal things that only time can heal. Just be her friend for now and let her decide when she's healed enough to risk loving again, if that ever happens.

Hi Taylor, welcome to the forum.

If she needs the time then give her the time ,after all it is better to have a relationship with a whole person.

If it were me I would wait for her , somethings are just worth waiting for.

Wait for her, time will tell all.

Just be a good friend.

Dont expect anything from her, dont make it seem like she's expected to do anything or put out.

Just be friends. Be there for support if she needs it. Dont push, dont be pushy, dont drop "hints".

Just be friends.

If it works out later on when she feels better about things, then so be it.

If not, at least you have a good friend.

Not all close relationships in life are physical or are "couples"....some are just having somebody close to you that understands you with no expectations or demands.

And to me, thats the best relationship you can ever have.

They say patience is a virtue... Maybe you can try to wait just that little bit longer?
Welcome to GaySpeak, Taylor. At least you have a few shoulders here to weep on, or to unload your share of worries.