Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HIV Infected Student Filmed Unprotected Sex w/ 31 People.
Sure its sick and perverted, but it isnt the HIV postive guy fault, those other guys should put a condom, i guess you just gotta presume EVERYONE is infected

It's unfortunate that things like this happen. There are bad people doing bad things all over the world.

It's most unfortunate for the real victims of this news story: people who are infected with HIV who have to deal with the backlash and increased stigma from others due to assholes like that student at that college, and because of news outlets that sensationalize these sorts of stories, demonizing everybody with HIV. Because of it, people will continue not getting tested to find out whether or not they indeed have HIV, in fear that they will be found out and judged by the cruel world around them. Because of this profound fear, people with HIV, like that young college student, will continue having sex without revealing their status to partners because of stories like this, and outdated HIV laws.

HIV criminalization doesn't work. In fact, it's counter-productive in fighting the HIV epidemic. HIV laws in most US states are outdated scientifically and result in innocent people being prosecuted for the extreme ignorance and prejudice surrounding this disease by the general public.

If you are HIV positive and you spit on someone or scratch them in a fight, you can get life in prison, despite the fact that HIV is not transmitted that way. If you are HIV positive, and in a serodiscordant relationship that ends nasty, and your bitter partner wants revenge on you for you ending the relationship, they can go to the cops and have you arrested for attempted murder, and you'll spend a longtime in prison, and have to register as a convicted sex offender for the rest of your life, if you get out. It doesn't matter if your viral load was undetectable or if were using condoms, and it doesn't matter if your partner consented to the sex, knowing that you are HIV positive..... The laws in place need to be revised and up to date with all the new science on HIV.

HIV laws need to also take into account the responsibilities (or lack thereof) by both the "victims" and the HIV positive individuals when being prosecuting them for spreading it (or "attempting" to) to others.

Question: From the number of "victims" who found out that they were HIV positive after finding out this young college student had HIV, did the courts order proof through testing and comparing HIV strains of the "victims" and the accused? Probably not, because even our legal system is extremely ignorant about HIV. Without that proof, he shouldn't get prosecuted. The courts don't know if some of those people got HIV from someone else and not the accused because people jump to conclusions from the scary sound of HIV.

The theory is that laws that criminalize HIV slow down the spread of HIV, when, in fact, it throws gas to the flame instead.

It's a viscous cycle. Do you think those who were infected by this man will tell every partner they ever have after being infected, that they are HIV postive? It'd be nice if they did, but most likely that won't happen. Why? Because of the same ignorance, fear, and stigma that got them infected, and that young man prosecuted, in the first place!

Sylph, southbiochem, justbry87, and Lilitu are part of the problem, they're brainwashed by this sensationalized news story to believe that this young man is a ruthless fetish monster who had sex with these people without letting them know his HIV status, out of hatred, revenge, and envy.... whose to say he didn't disclose his HIV status out of the fear, trauma, and mental instability from knowing his HIV status, resulting from the stigma perpetrated through the ignorance of others like southbiochem and justbry87, or Sylph who made a statement of "ew" regarding the mentioning of HIV?

Believe it or not, people with HIV are still human, regardless of how much they are demonized by the media, they make mistakes and do stupid things like the rest of humanity, but unlike the rest of us, they are judged, ridiculed, and jailed for it.

Anonymous Wrote:Sylph, southbiochem, justbry87, and Lilitu are part of the problem, they're brainwashed by this sensationalized news story to believe that this young man is a ruthless fetish monster who had sex with these people without letting them know his HIV status, out of hatred, revenge, and envy.... whose to say he didn't disclose his HIV status out of the fear, trauma, and mental instability from knowing his HIV status, resulting from the stigma perpetrated through the ignorance of others like southbiochem and justbry87, or Sylph who made a statement of "ew" regarding the mentioning of HIV

The question still is, why didn't he wear a freaking condom?
Sometimes you need a bit of chaos in your life to be able to shrug off pitiful disdain about something meaningless.

I know that there are 'gift givers' and there are many people who actually WANT the "gift".

It is not just a fetish, its a bit more complex, he stigma of HIV/AIDS has done a number on the next generation.

The real scary part here is not this guy trying to infect 31 people. The real scary part is that there are a lot of people who now want to round up HIV+ people and put them in their own communities (concentration camps) separate from the HIV- people out of fear that many more HIV+ people are doing this and just not talking about.

Anonymous Wrote:Sylph, southbiochem, justbry87, and Lilitu are part of the problem, they're brainwashed by this sensationalized news story to believe that this young man is a ruthless fetish monster who had sex with these people without letting them know his HIV status, out of hatred, revenge, and envy.... whose to say he didn't disclose his HIV status out of the fear, trauma, and mental instability from knowing his HIV status, resulting from the stigma perpetrated through the ignorance of others like southbiochem and justbry87, or Sylph who made a statement of "ew" regarding the mentioning of HIV?:hello-handsome-smil

Believe it or not, people with HIV are still human, regardless of how much they are demonized by the media, they make mistakes and do stupid things like the rest of humanity, but unlike the rest of us, they are judged, ridiculed, and jailed for it.

First of all ma'am, don't you call me the part of any problem for expressing my opinion. I said Ew to the act of doing such a thing, and if he did disclose his HiV status to his sex partners, then great. Still doesn't change the fact he had sex with 31 people while having HiV and no condoms.

Don't you get on my case, cause if you were one of the ones he fucked up your tight ass and dropped his load in, you surely wouldn't be here trying justify his reasons for most importantly ;.

Not Utilizing a Condom

I knew a girl who was very close to my mother who had HiV and AiDs, and she was very careful and what not, so I know not all people with HiV or whatever else are gross or walking poisons, but this particular person clearly was not even trying to be safe if he;

1)Didn't use a condom
2)Intentionally filmed it

Don't try to get all high and mighty anonymous, you got the wrong person gurl.

Yes there is a stigma with HIV, and there are some valid points being made here about the gap between law and science. That doesn't negate the intent to do harm in this specific case. Filming it arguably shows premeditation.

Nor can you dismiss the idea that condoms should have been used.

Nor can you deny that HIV will probably kill a person.

Nor is it a good idea to be vilifying other posters for expressing some pretty reasonable opinions. Maybe there's some education to be done even amongst our members. I certainly am no expert on HIV. However, I'm not exactly comfortable with the tone being used.

As one of my brother's friends put it recently : ''How come we haven't eradicated this disease in the thirty years that it's been going around?'', or at least "minimised its impact"? Surely it can't all be put down to people who are deliberately spreading it? Ignorance and misinformation continues to be key here... so sexual hygiene still needs to be taught. Informed people are likely to make better choices, even if they end up making the wrong choice.

This guy was just another sociopath out to harm the world that he believes "harmed him". Sick SOB.

Sylph Wrote:umm, ew?

Isn't that a crime, like premeditated murder or something?

How much can you hate a person to both pleasure and potentially kill/infect them at the same time? >,>

Good thing I don't find men appealing, Lurking

Yes, I didn't watch the video, but the person in question has a severe charge against him if caught --- as I'm sure he has been.

This is what we call a sociopath.

This is why I believe in capital punishment, for satanic freaks like this guy.