Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HPV Questions
ardus Wrote:Anyone have any experience with HPV

I have.

I had genital warts several years ago, I did some tests and it was HPV. The warts were located in my penis, they weren't painful but they were rapidly multiplying and it looked awful.

To make matters worse, my urologist said the only solution was circumcision. Well, it wasn't. I tried a herpes cream called ZOVIRAX and it worked. I haven't had warts in decades: this happened 20 years ago and so far there hasn't been any relapses. I probably still have the virus but it doesn't manifest itself.

So, if your friend is still having problems with genital HPV, I strongly recommend ZOVIRAX. In theory, this shouldn't work because it's an entirely different virus but it worked for me, I can tell you that. It won't hurt to try, that's for sure.

Just one more thing: I didn't create anything new here, you can find plenty of anecdotical evidence on the web on the efficacy of acyclovir (ZOVIRAX) for the treatment of warts. And I know several guys that have tried it with good results.

ardus Wrote:I did and always do wear condoms. The scary thing about HPV is that it lives in your skin cells and can be transmitted skin to skin, orally, etc. condoms don't fully protect you.

Ruchard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Yes, this is correct.

Condoms are mandatory and will protect you from most STIs but HPV is highly contagious and in some cases a condom may not be enough.

ardus Wrote:[...] Males who have symptoms, i.e. warts, can have biopsies done on those warts to test for HPV specifically. [...]

Yes, I guess that's what I did.

The nurse sent me to a room, I removed one of the warts myself (they were very soft and easy to remove, no problem there), put in a glass jar and then gave it back to the nurse.

I'm not sure if this was the correct procedure, everyone seemed unprofessional in that clinic. They were actually terrified when they saw what I was being tested for - HPV, HIV and a series of STIs.

I have no idea if it is possible to test for HPV when there are no symptoms.