Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Had a really strong connection with this guy at school..
So this may sound weird, and let me know if it does, but there's this guy that I go to college with that I've had a REALLY strong connection with, even we've only spoke a few times. I don't have any classes with him.. but we run into each other occasionally, and the last time we did, we talked during break for over a half an hour and it was very nice. I'm a bit anti social.. and have a lot of trouble talking to people I don't know and making conversation, but something about him made it so easy. I kind of doubt he's gay... though I don't know for sure.. but I wouldn't mind at least being friends with him.

Ever since we spoke I can't stop thinking about him.. and even had a dream about him (weird probably), but I'm not sure (if the next time I see him) asking if maybe he wants to do something some time.. or asking for his number would be odd? Like I said, we've only talked a few times, but I think we click really well. I just have some major self esteem issues, and always stop before taking the next step when it comes to being social and making friends/relationships. I'm always afraid it will come off as wrong or weird..

Thoughts?

You could always try to make it weirder...

Ask him if he wants to go have a drink or something, I find alcohol loosens my tongue more than it should, and sometimes the best conversations happen when people aren't as worried about saying something stupid, especially after a beer or two, since they can blame the booze.

Tyrion Wrote:I'm always afraid it will come off as wrong or weird..

Thoughts?

Oh...I don't know if this will help but this is what I think.

If the other guy ain't interested, then yeah, it feels wrong or weird. Always.

If he is interested, then it feels normal and natural.

In other words, if you take a swing and strike out, you feel kinda stupid. That's expected.

But everyone out there is playing the same game. If you strike out the players give you more credit for stepping up to the plate and making the effort. Guys who sit on the bench get less respect.

Look at me with the dumb sports metaphor. I am SO not a jock.
Smile

Good luck.
Take the swing.
If you miss, no shame. Try again.

A friend of mine once told me that is best to have tried and failed than never have tried and always ask ourselves what could have happened. So try to ask him out, just as normal friends do, know him better and go from there. When I'm facing a situation like this I always think to myself that maybe he is also having the same feelings and because I'm not wearing any label saying that I'm gay lol he is having the same trouble as I am, and one of us has to make the first move...

I think the next time I see him I will do that. If he's weirded out I will just avoid him if I see him again, haha :p. Thanks all for your responses. I'll update if I ever see him again and get the nerve to ask :p

Lol. It happened to me also.. But its the other way around.

What he did was he invited me to watch a movie.. That was a good date. Then after, we talked and talked about everything..And then fast forward, we became lovers for 3 years, haha. And we're still best of friends up to now.

I agree with other comments, make it weirder by inviting him out.. Wink Or maybe, get his number first?

only 3-5% is gay, slim chance its boy friend material
look at his fb page

Forget facebook! (Sorry Pellaz.) Just ask him if he wants to go for coffee, a beer, pizza, or a movie. Whatever is more preferable to you. If he declines say, "maybe another time?" If he accepts, he still may not be gay but just want a friend. Let things develop from there. Be unattached to gaining a boyfriend and open to what could happen.