Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Had to have my PC formatted!
Arggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

These were some of the sounds to be heard in the Vig household last night after a friend accidentally stepped on the extension lead and pulled the plug on my computer while it was switched on and doing it's thing.

This has happened before, several times and I've always opened up in safe mode and set the system back to it's last known good configuration (restore point) because I'm sensible like that. I wish I was sensible enough to either relocate my desk so as to remove the need for an extension lead or to have done what I will tomorrow and buy enough cable to splice to the adapter and run it either under the carpet or something...

However, I think the poor thing had had enough of constant restore points and refused to budge further than the startup screen. Wouldn't load the desktop. I had to take it to a computer shop where it was formatted and had it's original software reinstalled.

Good job I have a backup of data in an online vault with my Internet Provider.

I'm now busy reinstalling softwear and getting back in to sites I regularly visit.

£45 that cost me!Cry

God I’ve been there so annoying, I had an old Dell PC that I had re-formatted 2 times. The 3rd time it went to the blue screen of death I just unplugged it jammed in the closet and went and bought the laptop I’m using right now.

I've formatted my PC at least three times this year. Twice was because of a naive sibling and once was due to a power outage. It's so frustrating! At least you had your stuff backed up.

Ah damn that sucks... I use a Mac and well I don't know if it gets formatted. I guess it must be a PC thing. I know PCs very well, but I'm more comfortable using a Mac.

Computerprobs

Cutieboy Wrote:Ah damn that sucks... I use a Mac and well I don't know if it gets formatted. I guess it must be a PC thing. I know PCs very well, but I'm more comfortable using a Mac.
Not had to do anything as drastic as reformat my Mac in six years. Had this PC for a couple of years and it is getting close to needing a good seeing to :mad:

Vigilias Wrote:Arggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

These were some of the sounds to be heard in the Vig household last night after a friend accidentally stepped on the extension lead and pulled the plug on my computer while it was switched on and doing it's thing.

This has happened before, several times and I've always opened up in safe mode and set the system back to it's last known good configuration (restore point) because I'm sensible like that. I wish I was sensible enough to either relocate my desk so as to remove the need for an extension lead or to have done what I will tomorrow and buy enough cable to splice to the adapter and run it either under the carpet or something...

However, I think the poor thing had had enough of constant restore points and refused to budge further than the startup screen. Wouldn't load the desktop. I had to take it to a computer shop where it was formatted and had it's original software reinstalled.

Good job I have a backup of data in an online vault with my Internet Provider.

I'm now busy reinstalling softwear and getting back in to sites I regularly visit.

£45 that cost me!Cry

Is soft wear cashmeer underpants??? or silky ones??? hehehe.