Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Martial Arts
thaichi, kungfu, combat, the latter keeps you alive, the former teaches you disipline, Jim
[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRz-Six7p24KDjrx1F_V...A&usqp=CAU]

I used to do Kendo. I'm thinking of learning it again.

I really enjoyed those martial excersise inspired work out in the gym...
But never wanted to do the full blow version because I am traumatized from breaking my collar bone when I was a kid.
If a hand stand can snap a collar bone, Capoellia ( my iPad refuses to let me type that word Sad ) will probably kill me

Wowie, lots of replies Wink .

@Zetty - Interesting, most people with Dreads here use Beeswax or a similar alternative. I have loose curls, but they're thick :p .

It's okay about the Offtopic, I was just teasing Wink .

@Lunar- I hadn't until just now Smile , that's amazing. Thanks, it's good to take a break from music, can't be getting overwhelmed with it now Wink .

@Pix - Wowz :o . That's so awesome, yet curious. I'm doing Bagua for a similar reason, because although I have a very opinionated and loud mouth, and am quite righteous, I don't have the ability to back it up if push literally comes to shove.

I'm not afraid of getting hurt/being killed or whatever, but what I'm most worried about, are the people that I love and are depending on me and would miss me or worry over me.

@Mum- Wow, did everyone do Wing Chun? :tongue: . That's so amazing, your kids sound lucky Smile . And your grandkids too.

You seem like a very lovely person, not many moms would roll up their hair, sleeves and pant legs and horse around like that, atleast not here. My mom's that way, but girls here are focussed more on their looks or superficial things. Kudos Mummy Dazzler1 .

@James- Wise Jim Smile , Kungfu seems to be very prevalent, right next to Karate. I love the Drunken Fist form of Kungfu, very unpredictable Wink .

@Waylon- Isn't Kendo a form of Fencing? It's quite interesting how different cultures have similar things. Makes us seem more united then we think. Smile .

@Gizzie- Eek, sorry about your collarbone! Becareful with that Smile .

Yeah, that silly auto correct Wink gets us all sometimes.

hmm.... I most have missed this thread, I love martial arts. I have a ton of movies and I watch one every now and then on netflix. I never tried it myself but I would love to learn, the only thing is in this area its mostly kids taking classes so it might be weird if a 6'2'' 26 year old decided to join there class :redface: I think I would be good at it though.

p.s. Ip Man (Yip Man) was a really good movie, it's the story of Bruce Lee's teacher.

I would love to go to a dojo but a few problems; None near my area and no money lol. Id love to though if I could

@ceez - I feel that way playing my Viola sometimes lol, cause it seems like alot more short women play Viola, then men do, plus I'm about 6-6'1 :p .

You can just be the big kid in the class... that's kinda cute Smile . Unless your looking at it in a pedophilic way :| .

@Daisuke - aw, that's to bad. Watching online could be your next best option, but the real thing would probably be better Smile .

I've learned to speak Japanese fairly well without going to a teacher, but then again, I've learned 3 other languages plus sign language, so I suppose that helps Smile .

I'd teach you what I know, but I'd probably teach you all the wrong things :p . Plus I live on a teeny-tiny island in the middle of the sea, so that'd be hard Rofl