Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hairy otter
I wanted to call this thread "Hairy beaver" but that would be another issue!Okay,here's the thing,I shaved off all my pubic hair in June with the hair clipper.Mind you,it was the first time in my life that I'd ever done this.Fast forward 2 months later and my pubic hair has grown back to all it's glory and it seems like I've never been bald down there.And this has left me a little confused.If pubic hair grows at such rapid rate then why wasn't I packing a second beard down there?Is there a certain limit to how long pubic hair grows?

Yeah it gets to a certain limit where it grows slower, not sure that it completely stops growing though.
Like the hair on your head once that gets to a certain limit you will notice its not growing at the same rate as it was previously.

I have a second question, and I hope that this just isn't me, and perhaps explains why pubes don't grow insanely large.

Does everyone lose them (like a dog sheding its fur)? I find that I lose a few everyday, so I think that its the body's way of keeping them from growing out of control.

Great point you've raised there XRIMO.I have noticed that when I have white sheets,there are hairs on it but mostly because there was "activity" the night before and I tend to pull my hairs in a playful manner.But still,that hair left on the sheet are enough to prevent me from going total ape,no?

Yes they do fall out. If you have ever used a urinal somewhere, you might have noticed that there might be some in there. Unfortunately I have to see this at my job. But it will fall out and it is the bodies way of making sure you don't grow a rain forest down there. And shaving it off makes you look and appear to be bigger for those of you that didn't know, so I love to shave mine all the time.

Can't help thinking of the opening passage of Roald Dahl's The Twits!

XRIMO Wrote:I have a second question, and I hope that this just isn't me, and perhaps explains why pubes don't grow insanely large.

Does everyone lose them (like a dog sheding its fur)? I find that I lose a few everyday, so I think that its the body's way of keeping them from growing out of control.

Yes, Doug, we shed body hair everyday at a rather high rate in fact, so it grows back (or not, especially on your skull after a while) so that might explain why it doesn't grow longer than that; it probably falls out before it can get too long... However I don't think all hairs have the same lifespan.

They say that cutting it regularly will give it more strength, which might be the case.

At any event, your body hair goes on growing even after your heart dies out (and so do nails), which may sound weird.

Did you know that body hair and dead skin cells are part of what makes most of the dust in your house.?

princealbertofb Wrote:They say that cutting it regularly will give it more strength, which might be the case.

People say that because hair is actually bone, and when the bone is broken it heals but the heal is strengthened you will find die hard martial arts people will break their bones especially in their hands to build up bone strength.

But hair doesn't heal as its got nothing to join to as such its just used to mop up sweat, their fore evolution has no reason to strengthen hair.

CardShark Wrote:People say that because hair is actually bone, and when the bone is broken it heals but the heal is strengthened you will find die hard martial arts people will break their bones especially in their hands to build up bone strength.

But hair doesn't heal as its got nothing to join to as such its just used to mop up sweat, their fore evolution has no reason to strengthen hair.

Actually, hair is keratene, not bone... but you are right it doesn't have to join up with other bits or broken hair... Keratene is what your nails are made of too.

princealbertofb Wrote:At any event, your body hair goes on growing even after your heart dies out (and so do nails), which may sound weird.

Actually it doesnt continue growing. It's just your skin shrinking due to lack of moisture and it appears to look like they are still growing after your dead.