Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Halloween dress up
Im curious, but i guess since halloween is this month, what would ya'll be dressed up as?

As for me it would either be as a vampire or Sebastion Michaelis(from Kuroshitsuji)

I was going as a sexy doctor! Wink

It's a toss up, Either as a wood elf hunter or a jaded old queen... Choices, choices....:tongue:

Seriously, nothing. I no longer do the dress up and Halloween party. Instead I do a few 'traditional rituals' around the house:

1. Carve the gourds, set in the candles and set them on the door steps - wait until night fall, ignite and run into the house.

2. Lay the brooms across the thresholds (one broom per door).

3. Cover the mirrors with black cloth (so I can't see my reflection, nor see the reflections of the dead or other things.)

4. Address, oil and set up my white candle in the center of the house with three circles of salt around them.
4b. Burn A thick orange and thick black candle on either side of the White Candle with soot around them.

5. I already have my wreath on the door, composed of wolfsbane and daisy (dried) with corn flowers and other warding herbs. Apples, grain and other things for prosperity in the new year.

6. About a week before this dire festival I will make a new witch's bottle. Bury it about 10-20 miles away at a cross roads.

There are a few other things I do in the month of October to prepare for this very worst day of the year. Such a clean house - this goes beyond moving the sofa and scrubbing the floor, it means sealing up the doors and windows and mirrors and other reflective surfaces, blessing the house and relaying a new circle of soot, salt and brick dust around the whole house.

Then cower in my home until dawns break and hope I make it through the night.... alive.

Why? Because stupid people do stupid thing on All Hallows/Halloween/Samhain.

Such as sacrifice black cats (although they are only killing in fun, it is sacrifice).
Play with Ouija Boards and do seances without knowing what they are doing.
Use "black" spells to craft things they shouldn't be bothering with.
Summoning thing they really shouldn't oughtta be doing.
And many other stupid things dealing with the occult.

And I'm not talking religious witches, I'm talking lay people who have no clue what they are doing thinking it is fun to test the spirits on this hallowed night.

IF you knew what I knew about 'stuff' like this, you too would be protecting yourself and your home on Samhain.

I would love to go as Vash the Stampede...

well i love anime so i was thinking something along those lines question is Guy or Girl cuz my body figure i could wear both

^^ @Bowyn - Here too, though I briefly debated going into town as Lady Godiva :tongue:

But you are right, David, it's a month, and especially a night for fools to toy with things they know nothing of, and for those of us sensitive to such 'things', it's about half a hair's breadth shy of a waking nightmare.

I've got my preparations underway too, my wreath is up, gourds are not carved yet, but that has to wait a bit, they'd rot with the humidity here if I did them now. Next Saturday will be my trip to T-town for the things I need that I can't get closer to home. (Ugh - crowded day in the stores). But it has to be.

I toss in dream catchers, real ones that have been taken through the smoke ceremony, not the trinkets sold as decorations on top of the standard wards, circles, brooms and such. Every bit helps.

I like anime a lot too....i would so love to dress up as alois trancy <3 but i have neither the face or body for that.

Most likely either grell or the undertaker....i like those two as well ^^

but if not any of those....id love to dress up in steampunk

theres a reason why people think im feminene i wear a size 00 and have a girlish face

I despise Halloween.....

But I am fascinated by zombies and when I was forced to dress up because I worked in a nightclub I dressed up like a zombie every year...

I have never ventured out on Halloween since I quit working in bars.

Hmm I don't know. I'd like to do something that covers my entire body in body paint though. That'd be a lot of fun.