Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Halloween
Coolies !!

Ours was, as anticipated, very quiet - no trick or treating kids, no nothing ... not a pumpkin in sight :redface:.

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

I went to Thorpe Park in the evening after work... queues were huge!!

Went on Logger's Leap (a log flume ride), queued for 2 hours on Nemesis Inferno (roller-coaster) - which included 20 mins downtimes because someone passed out! - then went on Tidal Wave twice... getting absolutely soaked!!! Second time I done it shirtless too!! lol... yes mad! That was just before the park closed at 10pm!

They had special Halloween attractions too but because of the queues being as large as they were... didn't get to see them.

Are the queues there usually that bad ??

That sounds like one HELL of a long time to queue to get on a ride - even by Disney standards !!! :redface:.

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

Ques are always bad at thorpe park, alton, chessington etc during events or hollidays or weekends. A few years ago we went on a break before the rest of the school years did so me and my mates went there and we got on everything easily plus getting to see the haloween stuff. Seriously, never go on the day, do it on a weekday off. :frown:

I can't honestly ever remembering going to a Theme Park in England ... I went to Gulliver's Kingdom in Matlock Bath once, but I'm not sure whether that counts :redface:.

I think they're generally AMAZING places though - I went to a few in the States when I was there (Disney being the most obvious, but Pleasure Island was also really good as I recall, and MGM does THE most amazing croissants in the world EVER ...) :biggrin:.

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

Like socks says... events, holidays, weekends, queues will be bad.

Best time to go is when the kids are all at school - even the most popular rides you can get a front seat ride without too much trouble! (the popular rides at thorpe have a separate queue for the front carriage.)

... so ... what's the best Theme Park you've been to then ?? Since I live in the Channel it's rare that I get to the mainland (don't ask), but if I were to come over and try and do a Theme Park in a day, which would you say is the best ??

Cheers mes amis.

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

Halloween is coming up next month. So does anyone have any plans for it? I don't, I'm not really into it anymore.

I don't really have plans, but i do love Halloween it's the only time of year i can go to wal-mart an pick up a 10 pack of bloody severed fingers and candy oh lord all the candy.

................................. no!